At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Structuring Analyst plays an integral role within the Structuring and Portfolio Management group. ; The Analyst will implement a variety of analytical methods to provide valuations for structured power and fuels transactions (load-following products, power/fuel options), generation asset purchases and sales, tolling arrangements, and fuel storage and commodity supply contracts in regions throughout the United States. ; A strong understanding of traditional financial valuation and modeling techniques (discounted cash flow analysis, financial statement analysis) along with a strong understanding of option theory, simulation modeling, and statistical methods is essential. ; The Structuring Analyst must also effectively communicate recommendations based on complex analysis to a variety of audiences, frequently to senior management.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Application of simulation modeling and statistical analysis coupled with utilization of traditional financial valuation and modeling methodologies (DCF, financial statement analysis, etc) to accomplish the following:
; a)Valuation of complex power and fuel transactions
; b)Valuation and structuring of internal and external assets within the energy industry
- Effectively work across functional areas within the Analytical community, as well as within the Origination, Portfolio Management, and Commercial Transactions groups.
- Effectively communicate recommendations based on complex analyses to a variety of audiences including senior management.
- Undergraduate degree in finance, economics, mathematics, science, engineering or equivalent experience.
- One to three years experience in quantitative or financial valuation role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including verbal and written.
- Ability to apply strong analytical and valuation skills to price complex products
- Energy industry experience
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
*Qualified Candidates may be considered at an E02 through E04 level.