Job Location: United States : New York : New York Alternate Job Location : United States : North Carolina : Cary (Optional: if no Alternate Location, remove)
At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Senior Sourcing Supplier is responsible for all activities relating to the sourcing and contract management function for professional services. Coordination and leading sourcing efforts from the business requirements definition through RFX’s issuance, vendor evaluation and selection process, and contract signing. Actively contributes expertise to the development and implementation of best practice processes in Global Procurement. Negotiates, executes, and monitors vendor contracts to ensure terms and conditions are met; defines and manages vendor penalties/incentives if performance does not meet established criteria/exceeds established criteria.
Critical to the job description is to function with a high degree of customer centricity and customer satisfaction focus. This includes, and is not limited to developing partnerships and business relationships with internal and external groups to ensure Global Procurement is viewed as a value add and responsive team.
- Manage the strategic sourcing and procurement within the professional services category (Global Labor and Consulting).
- Support the development of the category strategy and lead the execution of the strategy
- Develop and leverage existing deals and negotiation strategy, and contract business terms with team, and lead negotiations with vendor, internal domain leads, and legal counsel.
- Work with stakeholders at all levels to identify and meet sourcing requirements.
- Responsible for effective supplier performance management and customer relationship development.
- Provide the correct level of governance and oversight for suppliers based on the risk profile.
- Execute sourcing strategies for key projects, which includes the ability to create and utilize the most appropriate sourcing tools, templates, align stakeholder needs, identify supply alternatives, effectively communicate with suppliers and influence cross functional teams.
- Track all projects and record work effort, timing and savings and ensure all projects adhere to the Global Procurement Policy.
- Support global regions by leveraging supplier spend and sharing best practices
- Communicating acquisition/deal structure, highlights, terms, conditions, pricing, risks and exposures, to senior management
- Responsible for interfacing with technology domains to define technology project/services requirements; verify requirements across technology domains/departments.
- Perform expense and cost benefit analyses related to technology products/services associated with cost savings/reduction initiatives, benchmark products/services, market and vendors, and make recommendation based upon analyses.
- Bachelor Degree
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in contract management, including negotiation strategy, proposal development and processes, and benchmarking vendor proposals.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in strategic sourcing with strong background expertise in Professional Services, Master services agreements (MSA) and Statement of work (SOW) related activities.
- Global professional services sourcing and contracting experience
- Global sourcing and contracting experience
- Extensive working knowledge of Ariba, standard desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- MBA or other advanced degree
- 3-4 years of experience in strategic sourcing.
- Bilingual skills as plus; e.g. Spanish, Japanese
Financial Management – CFO GTO - Global Labor & Consultant Category
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.