Job Location: United States : Missouri : ST. LOUIS Alternate Job Location : Not Applicable : Not Applicable
This opportunity within Strategic Insurance Services allows utilizing your sourcing skills with insurance, finance, risk and other aspects of the industry.
- Performs as the seasoned level job working under minimal supervision develops procurement sourcing and negotiation strategies for assigned medium to large dollar value commodities or assigned business clients.
- Assesses business clients’ current and future needs and expectations. Reviews clients’ spend levels, and conducts cost/ benefits analysis. Partners with clients on strategy, contract negotiations and the purchasing processes.
- Ensures that business requirements are included in sourcing strategies and the statement of work.
- Negotiates large dollar, complex sourcing events to obtain the highest value in the commodities and services purchased.
- Manages contract expirations, and plans actions to realize cost reductions and quality improvements. Develops commodity specific RFPs and is engaged in RFP analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent formal training.
- 5 - 8+ years relevant experience.
- Skillfully sells and uses leveraged sourcing concepts to generate new sourcing opportunities.
- Uses e-Procurement and e-sourcing tools, and incorporates Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (MWBE) concepts to drive sourcing projects.
- Ensures that metrics and reporting are included in all contracts including cost savings, lost savings, and areas of contract non-compliance to improve knowledge for future negotiations.
Up to 15%
Strategic Insurance Services
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 38462
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.