Global Supply Chain, Medical Devices External Operations is recruiting for a Senior Supply Chain Analyst within DePuy Synthes. This position will be based in Raynham, MA and will report to the External Operations Planning Manager.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Supply Chain Analyst executes comprehensive analysis of external supply chains to develop and implement continuous improvements that deliver target service levels while achieving inventory objectives and optimizing total costs. The Supply Chain Analyst manages the supply plan for a portfolio of external manufacturers. This individual leads the monthly creation and communication of the S&OP package for key external partners. The incumbent supports inventory reporting and reduction efforts.
Areas of responsibility include: optimizing service levels, optimizing inventory levels, reducing lead times, developing optimal order quantities, capacity planning, synchronizing production with demand, scenario planning for new product launch, supplier performance measurement, escalating, mitigating, and reporting supply disruptions, managing inbound product logistics.
The Supply Chain Analyst supports the design, development, and institutionalization of best practices in the supply planning process with key external business partners. This individual collaborates with Demand Planning to receive demand plans and then conduct a formal process with the external partners to rationalize supply and demand, taking into account capacity and inventory. This individual collaborates with Supplier Management on supplier capacity, supplier performance, supply disruptions, and continuous improvements in the supply base to reduce risk and waste (cost) in the supply chain.
The position requires the ability to develop strategies for analysis, to build data collection plans, to interpret data, to transform data into information, to draw conclusions, and to present and execute proposals supported by the analysis. The ability to use complex spreadsheets during analysis, scenario planning, or issue resolution is required. This includes the ability to utilize the planning systems to gather key data needed to drive business decisions.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, Logistics, or Operations is required.
• Either 4 years of related experience in Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Business Analytics, and/or Supply Chain Management with a Bachelor’s degree, or 2 years of related experience with a Master’s degree is required.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills are required.
• Expertise in MS Excel to minimally include v-look up, pivot tables, macros, and graphing is required.
• Ability to apply analytic techniques to interpret data, identify issues, analyze causes, and provide well-reasoned conclusions and solutions is required.
• Understanding of performance trade-offs across supply chain to support decisions on the best use of limited resources is required.
• Ability to build strong relationships, considering diverse perspectives & different styles is required.
• Ability to work independently in a matrix environment, with a strong sense of urgency and with minimal supervision is required.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely across all supply chain function areas is required including proficiency preparing and delivering presentations is required.
• This position is based in Raynham, MA and requires up to 10% travel both domestically and internationally.
• MBA or Master’s degree is preferred.
• In depth knowledge of MRP and conceptual knowledge of ERP systems (SAP/JDE/APO) is preferred.
• Expertise in SQL and/or Visual Basic, Tableau, and MS Access is preferred.
• Experience and/or certification in Lean or Six Sigma methodology is preferred.
• APICS CPIM certification is preferred. The candidate will be expected to certify once hired, if not already certified.Primary Location
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.