Want to join a world-class global procurement organization where you can drive change while building a long-term career? Dell’s procurement organization offers the opportunity to learn industry leading skills through our in-house training programs and top of the line career development courses. Recognized for our world-class processes, as a member of the procurement team you will have an opportunity to support Dell’s transformation strategy, develop your career, and partner with a diverse team of talented procurement experts.
The role is within Dell's rapidly growing Enterprise Networking team. The team is currently composed of experienced and highly talented procurement and supply chain professionals, and is looking for an additional team member to drive significant impact for Dell. Specifically, this role will work closely with the demand planning team, cross functional teams and global commodity managers to ensure product launch, continuity of supply, and product end of life. Utilized skills include program and project management, materials requirements, planning and analysis, demand supply planning, capacity planning, supply chain management and inventory management, risk management, risk identification and mitigation, supplier evaluation skills, identifying and mitigating supply chain challenges, critical tasks, identifying, measuring and managing key supply chain performance metrics and scorecard, process improvement, and ISO practices. This role reports to the Director of Networking Procurement within Dell's Enterprise organization.
* Working closely with suppliers and internal teams to ensure product availability at product launch
* Working directly with suppliers to assure capacity and continuity of supply for specific components
* Coordinating global supply with regional teams
* Balancing available supply globally against regional requirements
* Performing long-range capacity analysis
* Managing transitions globally to minimize excess and obsolete inventory
* Engaging functional leaders to perform analysis and identify areas for performance improvement
* Working with regional demand teams to validate the global demand and recommend demand shaping
* Provide thought leadership in developing strategies and communications related to processor supply
* Developing continuity of supply (COS) strategies
-Undergraduate degree and 4 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 2 years relevant experience
-Advanced materials requirement planning analysis skills
-Advanced capacity planning skills
-Executive presence, solid presentation skills
-Ability to lead
-Understands Dell goals, customer requirements , knowledge of competitor practices, business priorities, strategy and direction
-Ability to understand and manage customer business needs and expectations
-Can solve abstract and complex problems requiring evaluation of intangible variables
-Integrates trends, data and information into plans, deliverables and recommendations
-Anticipates operational, program, and implementation issues and develops preventative measures
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
* Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology
* When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution
* Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
* We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential
* Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages
**Job:** **Procurement and Supply Chain - Global Commodity Management*
**Title:** *Sr Supply Chain Analyst - Austin, TX*
**Requisition ID:** *160012FX*