Job Description :
Responsible for the supply chain operations of a manufacturing plant including the supply planning of raw materials and finished good products. Responsible for managing multiple product lines within a segment of the business. Manages buyers, planners, and warehouse operations executing planning, purchasing, and distribution processes. Provides leadership and strategic direction through management of planning activities, processes, and data/information and systems. Leads systems development and implementation initiatives for team. Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives that optimize inventory levels/turns, service levels, maximize profitability, and support dynamic changes in market conditions.
1. Develop, implement, and execute strategic supply chain processes in support of supply chain and business objectives
2. Responsible for managing planners and/or buyers who create and achieve production/purchase plans in support of goals & objectives.
3. Manages warehouse operations staff and activities including: receiving, stowing, picking, and packing. Optimizes processes and to ensure safety, quality and efficiency
4. Serves as SME for audits (regulatory, internal, etc.)
5. Responsible for developing department budget
6. Maintains departmental exception system, documentation review, employee time management and performance review processing, employee training, budget control and daily scheduling
7. Meets with suppliers to discuss issues, performance, and future strategies. Evaluates supplier processes and partners with suppliers to establish Best in Class performance
8. Responsible to lead planners through S&OP/Operating Review meetings - identify business critical issues and facilitate discussion and decision making in support of goals & objectives
9. Accountable for optimizing inventory turns - minimize excess & obsolete inventory through product life cycle management
10. Accountable for maximizing service levels, in conjunction with inventory goals, through distribution requirement planning and deployment
11. Leads and facilitates cross functional teams in support of strategic initiatives both within the supply chain organization and across the business units
12. Responsible to provide management with inventory projections and proactively identifies service level issues
13. Work with order management, sales & marketing, product managers, manufacturing, suppliers, distribution centers and third party logistics provider in support of business objectives
1) Strong leadership skills including leading projects with broad scope and impact outside own department and promotes teamwork between departments
2) Complete, in-depth understanding of all aspects of the business including profitability, inventory turns and service levels
3) Strong communication skills (with staff, peers, and upper management) and ability to develop rapport with other functional leaders
4) Ability to do analysis of tradeoffs between business objectives - ability to think systemically
5) Embraces change, challenges status quo and makes recommendations for improvements to products and processes. Creates tools that help simplify job tasks and shares these with others
6) Requires the ability to influence the thinking of, or gain acceptance of, others in sensitive situations
7) Supervises, coaches, and develops others
8) Drives results through team leadership
9) Strong problem solving, negotiating, solutions orientation and presentation skills
10) Ability to communicate across multiple levels of the organization
11) Capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thought
12) BS in Operations/Logistics of similar degree; at least 7 years relevant experience.
13) MBA and APICS certification preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.