Global Supply Chain, Medical Devices External Operations is recruiting for a Sr. Supply Planning Analyst within DePuy Synthes. This position will be based in Bridgewater, NJ and will report to the External Operations Planning Director.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Sr. Supply Planning Analyst will:
• Execute comprehensive analysis of external supply chains to develop and implement continuous improvements that deliver target service levels while achieving inventory objectives and optimizing total costs
• Manages a portfolio of projects and the cross-business unit governance of the external operations planning team
• Lead decision support analysis and continuous improvement projects for worldwide external operations planning and will routinely be visible to middle and executive management
• Be responsible for: inventory, service, and cost optimization, lead time reduction, optimization of order quantities, capacity analysis, scenario planning, supplier performance measurement, and annual business planning cycle
• Support the design, development, and institutionalization of best practices in the supply planning process with both internal and external business partners
• Collaborate with Demand Planning to account for demand variability in supply planning processes
• Collaborate with Supplier Management on supplier capacity, supplier performance, and continuous improvements in the supply base to reduce risk and waste (cost) in the supply chain
• Develop strategies for analysis, to build data collection plans, to interpret data, to transform data into information, to draw conclusions, and to present and execute proposals supported by the analysis
• Use complex spreadsheets during analysis, scenario planning, or issue resolution is required
• Utilize the planning systems to gather key data needed to drive business decisions.
• Require excellent organization, project management, influencing, and communication skills.Qualifications
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, Logistics, or Operations is required, MBA or Master’s degree is preferred
• Either 4 years of related experience in Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Business Analytics, and/or Supply Chain Management is required or 2 years of related experience with a Master’s degree
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills is required
• Expertise in MS Excel to minimally include v-look up, pivot tables, macros, and graphing is required
• Ability to apply analytic techniques to interpret data, identify issues, analyze causes, and provide well-reasoned conclusions and solutions
• Understanding of performance trade-offs across supply chain to support decisions on the best use of limited resources
• Ability to build strong relationships, considering diverse perspectives & different styles
• Ability to work independently in a matrix environment, with a strong sense of urgency and with minimal supervision
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely across all supply chain function areas is required including proficiency preparing and delivering presentations
• In depth knowledge of MRP and conceptual knowledge of ERP systems (SAP/JDE/APO) is preferred
• Expertise in SQL and/or Visual Basic is preferred
• Experience and/or certification in Lean or Six Sigma methodology is preferred
• APICS CPIM certification is preferred
• This position will be based in Bridgewater, NJ and may require up to 20% travelPrimary Location
United States-New Jersey-BridgewaterOrganization
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.