Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
The Company offers Suddenlink-branded digital cable television, high-speed Internet and voice services to residential and business customers across the western, midwestern and southern states. Additionally, for its business customers, Suddenlink provides targeted television and online advertising services. Responsibilities
We are looking for a Systems Engineer with knowledge and experience with Linux and Windows Administration, VMware ESX and related products as well as Amazon Web Services. Candidate should possess expert knowledge of VMware virtualization products, Linux and AWS admin console administration. Responsible for assessing server hardware and software requirements related to various application vendor requirements and driving automation for highly repeatable tasks. Troubleshoot complex infrastructure issues related to performance and functionality. Create best practice documentation around all of our server related products that will help us standardize and deliver quality services every time. Contribute to the implementation of processes, procedures, policies and standards for all hybrid cloud and Big Data initiatives. Interact with management providing recommendations for new technologies, improved service availability and management. Provide advanced support and implement break-fix solutions to technical issues within the EIT Infrastructure environments. Qualifications
- College Degree and requested work experience.
- Minimum 4+ years in an infrastructure systems environment, preferably in large diverse server environments with high availability requirements.
- At least 4+ years' experience in ESX VMware administration
- Knowledge of Linux and UNIX operating systems.
- Experience with AWS services and administering admin console
- Experience with various open source automation tools; Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Scripting ability a must; preferrebly Python and Ruby
- Understanding of various virtualization technologies - vSphere, KVM and Xen; cloud management technologies and tools as well as various cloud delivery models; Redshift, Openstack.
- Working knowledge of Big Data concepts and experience in deploying Hadoop implementations on various distributions; Pivotal and Hortonworks a plus.
- Determines the requirement for updates, support packs, and system configuration changes.
- Experience in design of VMware-based redundant and high-availability solutions
- Experience in tuning and optimization of VMware-based implementations
- Knowledge of vMotion and Physical to Virtual (P2V) tools
- Experience with UCS Manager a plus
- Experience with VMware vRealize a plus
- Hands-on experience supporting server infrastructure in a large enterprise environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
A little about us:
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States.