Sr. System Engineer
Posted: November 14, 2017
Reference ID: 39941
Now is the time to join the most exciting company in cybersecurity - the largest and most important in the world.
The Cloud Generation is here and everything has changed. No longer can we reliably channel a user's communications through heavily instrumented, on-premise security controls. The user is going direct-to-net, creating personas and identities within myriads of services in the cloud. The lines are increasingly blurred between the user's personal and professional use of these services, and that puts data at risk. The Cloud Generation requires new thinking about how to secure users, web transactions, information, and messaging. Doing it right, while not forsaking traditional in-premise needs, requires longevity and experience in cybersecurity; the very kind of longevity and experience that Symantec has.
Symantec solves Cloud Generation problems with a comprehensive, Integrated Cyber Defense platform. The platform is comprised of a broad set of products and services; covering many of the capabilities required by world-class security operations. Symantec earns its seat at the table because of this broad set of capabilities, and security executives must pay attention to the innovations that Symantec brings to the table.
Essential to our customer's success is the role of the Sales Engineer, to guide them through the intricacies of Symantec's solutions, and prove technical fitness to their business needs. As a Sales Engineer, you will maintain expert level knowledge of assigned solutions, and be capable of delivering demos and proof-of-concepts. You will maintain foundation-level knowledge across the entire Symantec portfolio, in order to spot a possible fit of any Symantec solution to a customer need. You will maintain expertise in the domain of cybersecurity in order to be credible and interesting to customer contacts at any level in the organization. And finally, you will maintain the acumen and salesmanship to run your business jointly with assigned account managers, and fully understand your customer's business.
• Maintain expert level knowledge in assigned products on an ongoing basis. Never languish in personal development.
• Work tightly with assigned rep(s) to identify "line-of-sight" to the annual plan. The territory plan should incorporate all dimensions of the business, including identified opportunity pipeline, customer whitespace to go after, leverage of partners and ecosystem, marketing, networking through industry associations, etc.
• Stay up to date on current events and be a student of the cybersecurity industry and culture.
• Map identified customer business requirements to workable Symantec solution architectures. Accommodate 3rd party integrations as needed.
• Perform essential sizing, tuning and configuration, and recommend solution best practices.
• Articulate the ways the Symantec solutions provide increased business value and improved technical capability when compared to our competitors.
• Assist in technically closing complex and competitive opportunities through advanced competitive knowledge, technical skills, and credibility.
• Deliver product and technology briefings.
• Train and mentor sales peers.
• Take the technical lead in the development of responses to RFIs and RFPs.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
• 5 + years of successful sales engineering experience in cybersecurity domains. Examples include endpoint security, network security, data loss prevention, identity and access management, email security, incident response, etc.
• Security Certifications such as CISSP, CEH, and CCSP strongly preferred but not required.
• Presentation-ready knowledge of several Symantec or competitor solutions.
• Ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor.
• Ability to relate to a wide range of technical staff and managers in customer environments. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to articulate how Symantec solutions integrate with, and enhance customer's existing 3rd party installed base.
• Broad product and solution knowledge of market trends in the cybersecurity industry.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.