Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve, our ability to perform and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. We’re dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them.
By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, we’re able to provide our customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of our greatest strengths and a key measure of our success*.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
TIAA is actively seeking a Senior Systems Analyst within Finance Operations & Management Services to Plan, Design, Develop and Deploy standardized accounting rules and Reconciliations.
- Provides full SDLC support for Oracle Fusion Accounting Hub (FAH) and Reconciliations across multiple projects within schedule and budget.
- Acts as SME for FAH and Frontier Applications.
- Partner with business users from multiple areas like Finance, Institutional Retirement for gathering requirements, leading estimation efforts and Project delivery.
- Learn Reconciliations Tools and support
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Design, Develop and Deliver technical processes for Accounting Rules Engine.
- Gather requirements from Business Partners and create Technical Design Documents
- Configure Accounting Rules in FAH along with Business Users. Educate users when needed.
- Identify and resolve Application level issues and risks.
- Responsible for the Development and Implementation of assigned project(s) and the single point of contact for assigned projects
- Help Project Manager drive the development of project plans and delivery activities to realize project objectives.
- Understands product / functional background of Accounting transactions and Ledgering.
- Creates appropriate project documentation and acts as SME to help
- Managed Services Team.
- Acts as SME for escalations, troubleshooting, user expectation management
- Reduces total cost of ownership by streamlining and simplifying processes
- Trouble shoot Oracle Fusion Middleware issues along with the Infrastructure Middleware teams
- Create Reports using BI publisher
- Build / Modify PL-SQL packages
- Support Development activities on Reconciliations platform
- Minimum 10 years of extensive Accounting Systems/Package experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Oracle Fusion Applications (Oracle EBusiness Suite), specific to the financial modules (GL, AP, Reconciliations, etc)
- Ideally, 1-2 years experience using Oracle Fusion Accounting Hub
- 5+ years of experience in business and Data analysis in the Financial Services/Insurance industry
- Experience with Financial/ Accounting Systems required (e.g. GL, AP, Reconciliations and Reporting)
- Bachelors/Masters in Accounting/Finance or MBA preferred
- Experience in ETL (Any tool is fine; Data Stage is preferred)
- Experience with Agile and waterfall methodologies preferred.
- Solid experience in problem definition and process streamlining.
- Solid experience in understanding the Technical Architecture for Fusion HUB (On Premise and not cloud)
- Solid understanding in Oracle Fusion Middleware components such as HCM / OIM / ODI.
- Experience in BI reports
- Experience in Fusion Accounting Hub configuration
- Extensive Experience in PL/SQL packages and generation of XML files.
- Solid Experience in Unix Shell scripts
- Decent understanding of accounting terminology and ability to drive user conversations on functional aspects of Ledgering.
- Commitment to learn the business model and new technologies.
- Ability and willingness to take initiative and drive towards quality solutions with minimal supervision
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
This organization is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as “protected characteristics”).
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017