Fire Alarm System Development Engineer
Company: Johnson Controls
Location: Littleton, Colorado
Posted: November 15, 2017
Reference ID: WD30040456314
Sr System Development Engineer
What you will do
As a Development Engineer at JCI, you will work as part of a team, investigating and assisting in the pre-sales development process for Johnson Control's product lines on all projects.
How you will do it
In this role, you will:
• Administer the installed systems development process; teach and reinforce methodology and skills used to collect, analyze and present designs, scopes and cost estimates. Provide input to the sales management organization for opportunity prioritization, qualification and requirements for use of developers on projects.
• Provide Metasys, Fire and Security and other system application support and systems development for owner and installation salespeople.
• Review application and estimate with salesperson and appropriate operations team to get mutual agreement on application.
• Provide scope definition and systems development direction for outside vendors and suppliers, mechanical and electrical.
• Assist in identifying specification issues or interpretation discrepancies and providing solutions to resolve. Work with salesperson to develop understanding of customer requirements, critical areas and needs.
• Perform detailed engineering or cost impact analysis to quantify cost savings or other customer benefits.
• Consult with sales and operations team to appropriately assess risk.
• Facilitate training for area personnel on estimating tool sets.
• Evaluate value-engineering options to the controls and mechanical systems.
What we look for
You are a team player and a strategic problem solver. You take pride in maintaining the highest levels of quality and productivity, even when working under pressure. You take ownership of issues and have a knack for solving complex problems in a manner that is imaginative, thorough and practical. Quality, productivity and customer satisfaction are your highest priorities.
• University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. 6 years minimum experience. Must have NICET Level 4 certification.
• Bachelor's in engineering.
• Three years controls sales/operations experience with HVAC systems and estimating.
• Application Engineer or Installation Sales experience preferred.
• Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of building-related systems and services.
• Strong conceptual skills required for developing innovative solution designs.
• Demonstrated analytical skills.
• Strong computer skills in a Microsoft Office environment.
• Ability to travel as needed.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.
JCI is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer