Sr Systems Integrator
We seek an engineer to support the needs of Card Tech as we pursue our architectural direction to migrate towards cloud deployments. This individual will join a growing team of professionals to collaborate with multiple teams, participate in the DevOps process and provide production support for the vast portfolio of Card capabilities. This will require the right skills to solve pressing problems, deliver operational support, drive reviews and detailed analysis, develop solutions and provide technical direction.
- Supports complex troubleshooting efforts across various technologies and services of Cloud applications.
- Influence a team of Senior Support engineers to address their technical hurdles and challenges in supporting applications’ AWS cloud release and migrations.
- Partner’s with feature teams to actively understand their development and cloud stack, identify gaps in their implementation, and understand their cloud architecture and infrastructure requirements.
- Translate these requirements to implementation stories and tasks for our support team.
- Recognizes and implements automation opportunities enabling production support activities and self-healing.
- Focus on efficient use of CICD processes and tools for AWS cloud migration with special attention to characteristics like reuse, scalability, resilience and performance of the migration solutions.
- Constantly share best practices and improve processes across other LOBs, Tech Ops and other engineers.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in production support, micro-services and distributed architecture applications
- At least 2 years experience in production support doing incident management
- At least 1 year of experience with cloud and dev ops
- Master's Degree in fields such as Computer Science, Information Systems, and Engineering
- 2+ years of experience with industry patterns, methodologies, and techniques
- Understanding of common network protocols, system admin and application development
- 2+ years of experience doing problem management, capacity, and change management
- Agile Development Methodology experience
- Working experience and implementations using AWS stack(AWS Cloud front, AWS Cloud Watch, OpsWork, Elastic Beanstalk, AWS CodeCommit, AWS Code pipeline) and CICD tools (Jenkins/Bamboo/Travis, Github, Git, Maven, Docker, Chef, Ansible, Vagrant)
- Working experience with application environment monitoring tools
- AWS cloud certifications (AWS certified solutions Architect)
- Developing automation scripts (unix shell scripting, Chef, Groovy etc.)
- Automation design experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with technical teams and business partners
- Work autonomously, be self-motivated and self-driven
- Ability to learn & analyze complex, interconnected business processes / systems
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to work in a Scrum, Agile or Kanban environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.