Site Location: Newport News, Virginia
Microsoft Services is proud to have the opportunity to serve our government and offer an opportunity for you to do the same. The security of our nation and preservation of our nation’s interest are critical to the safety and prosperity of the United States. The Microsoft Services team has provided and continues to provide a vital role in supporting the successful and accelerated achievement of our customers’ objectives through Microsoft products.
The Microsoft Public Sector Services DOD team is looking for an exceptional business and technical leader to perform the role of a Technical Account Manager (TAM), responsible for managing one of our key customer.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen holding an active security clearance.
A Technical Account Manager (TAM) is a trusted business advisor to Microsoft’s Premier Support customers providing valuable guidance around operations and optimization of their IT infrastructure through quality Service Delivery Management. Once a Premier customer has deployed a Microsoft product, should something unexpected occur, the TAM working with Customer Service and Support (CSS), manages the incident to resolution and then follows up to ensure either product improvement within Microsoft or operational improvement within the customer’s IT environment. By maintaining a long-term relationship with their customer’ a TAM gains an understanding of their customers; IT organizations; impact on overall business, their IT goals, and their pain points - which is used by the TAM to create a Service Delivery Plan ensuring their customers; operational success with Microsoft products.
Key initiatives for this role include: Customer health through service delivery, planning and execution; customer satisfaction; emphasis on prevention and consultative advice (ITIL); management of support services to Enterprise Services customers.
Scope and decision making include:
• Manages service delivery of a team of peers, leads through influence.
• Ability to interact communicate, strategize and influence at C-levels
• Manages a diverse and complex scope of support issues. Solve complex support issues effectively.
• Manages/leads critical support escalations, often including multiple internal and external support teams and often with visibility to internal and external leadership teams.
• Assesses customers’ risks and needs and recommends appropriate service offerings to proactively address.
• Documents recommendations formally via service delivery plan and presents to customer and virtual account team unit.
• Manage the delivery of recommended/agreed-upon services to achieve high customer satisfaction and trust.
• Make good, timely and financially sound decisions with moderate uncertainty or pressure on a consistent basis. Decisions sometimes impact immediate group and other related groups.
• Determine most effective method of problem resolution by utilizing internal resources.
• Leads sharing of best practices with team community. Consistently establishes and maintains working relationships with internal support delivery teams, customer support teams, customer contracts and materiel representatives.
• Frequently establishes and maintains relationships with Field Sales and MCS to execute on a service account/delivery plan.
Position relies internally upon CSS Support Professionals, Premier Field Engineers, and their management, MCS Services (Engagement Managers/Project Managers), and Services Account Managers (Services Executives), EPG Account Executives, and Premier/Services regional and worldwide HQs.
Communicates with and influences Microsoft Services leadership/management at team level.
Externally, position relies upon Customer Support Manager (CSMs) and named Support Contacts - usually comprised of IT managers and individual technical contributors. Must also be able to establish and maintain consistent and productive relationships with customer Senior Director and CIO-level leadership teams.
• Lead clients through ITSM driven improvements.
• Able to maintain a broader perspective, and identifies and evaluates opportunities to enhance the business through cross-group collaboration.
• Creates influence strategies that cross organizational boundaries to achieve broad business goals.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in an enterprise support environment with a strong understanding of corporate account support needs and knowledge of support industry.
• Fundamental knowledge in two or more of the following: network and desktop operating systems, information worker applications, database systems, messaging, management and operations, security.
• Consistently practices strong organizational, communication, project management, negotiation, and problem solving skills.
• Contribute to team operational precision by active design of and participation in community initiatives.
• A leader who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated knowledge in services, operational support, customer relationship management and business development.
• ITIL Foundation Certificate preferred.
The position will require occasional travel to customer sites. The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen hold an active US Government Security Clearance. The selected candidate must be able to start within 30 days of offer acceptance.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.