GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Works on multiple projects as a project leader or internal consultant. Works on highly complex projects that require in-depth domain knowledge or two or more specialized architecture areas.
• Lead and coordinate the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction across the product portfolio or product line.
• Analyze design and develop a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
• Review and/or analyze and develop architectural requirements at domain level within product portfolio or team.
• Participate in the EA domain governance model.
• Contribute to the development of software and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses.
• Lead the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support actives.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 8 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions.
Eligibility Requirements: (Country Specific)
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
• Must be willing to travel
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Atlanta, GA
Desired Characteristics: Please limit the desired characteristics to 12 points total, (4 in each section as shown below and align it to the capabilities required for the job)
• 3+ years of experience in Salesforce/Emerging Platforms architecture design, application development and project management
• Participates in domain technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction aligning with business goals.
• Gathers and analyzes data and develops architectural requirements at project level, aligning architectural requirements with software development strategy.
• Reviews exceptions and makes recommendations to architectural standards at a domain level.
• Demonstrate knowledge of business' structure (P&Ls) and the interplay of functions to support business goals; demonstrate knowledge of the business products, key processes, suppliers, customers and market/competitors.
• Recommends expenditures based on the size, scope, and cost of hardware and software components. Assists in developing business cases.
• Collaborates with project management on reporting project status, issues, risks and benefits. Meets with project leaders and software development Leaders to ensure progress towards architectural alignment with project goals and requirements.
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale.
• Applies values, business strategy, policies, precedent, and experience to make complex decisions with uncertain consequences.
• Challenges conventional thinking and traditional ways of operating and invites stakeholders to identify issues and opportunities.
• Takes a systems perspective that inter-relates internal and external factors for planning. Envisions compares and contrasts multiple potential medium range operational futures.
Locations: United States ; Georgia; Atlanta
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.