STAR is a unique team of hundreds of the smartest, most experienced security software developers and analysts. We collaborate - we have fun - we value speed and quality - we are continually pushing ourselves to be the very best at what we do. Success for us is a high bar, because our work is so critical. As a result - we are leaders in big data, mobile, advanced emulation, network protection, and machine learning. STAR pioneers entirely new, game-changing technologies that keep the attackers at bay. We leverage our market leading position in endpoint, e-mail, and information security products to do things that no other security company can.
As part of the STAR team you'll be continually challenged. We're continually looking for ways to outsmart the bad guys, and constantly evolving. Our challenges are deep, but also broad - whether it is big data analytics, mobile privacy, kernel-level development, or piecing together the clues from an attack - there is always an interesting new challenge and learning opportunity.
We are looking for a senior leader to architect and drive our core security engines and protection roadmap. With hundreds of millions of systems running STAR's core network, file, behavior, and reputation engines - and dozens of additional core components - this role has an enormous impact on Symantec's protection capabilities. This role focuses on ensuring we are architecting and designing our components to give maximum protection capabilities to our analysts and automated systems; on ensuring we have no performance or stability impact on our products; on identifying and selecting new protection technologies; and on mentoring and growing our architects and engineers.
This role also works with technical leaders across Symantec to drive our protection, detection, and remediation strategy and roadmap.
This position requires someone who:
• Has a Master's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
• Has 8 - 12+ years software industry experience; security industry preferred
• Has substantial security experience and understanding
• Gets their hands dirty, eagerly tearing apart threats or diving into complex code
• Has built complex systems; preferably has experience with Windows endpoint and with Windows kernel
• Has led teams or mentored senior engineers
• Is highly creative and innovative
• Has stellar communication and presentation skills
• Is open to feedback and new ideas
• Has been recognized within their company and/or externally as a technology leader
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.