Sr Technical Education Specialist
We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to join the Symantec Encryption and Identity and Access Services Technical Education Consultant (TEC) team. The selected individual would assist in the creation of a variety of technical content to educate and enable end users, internal and external technical sales, consultants, and operations.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Act as a technical subject matter expert in the assigned area of business
- Occasionally conduct and participate in enablement workshops in various locations globally
- Perform architecture and scalability analysis of offered services, and produce documentation for distribution to our internal Sales, Support and Partner community
- Create technical training content in both written and multi-media formats
- Develop technical sales scripts and tools based on a defined sales strategy
- Develop and deliver formal presentations to both small and large audiences
- Act as technical resource in responding to product questions through email as well as various electronic formats
- Occasionally represent the product team to prospective customers in large or strategic sales opportunities.
- Establish rapport with key partners in Product Management, Development and Product Marketing to stay abreast of the latest product offerings and solutions
* The candidate must be very disciplined and manage their time carefully in order to meet content development deadlines.
* Candidates should have a strong technical knowledge of multiple operating systems, security concepts and ideally the Encryption and/or Identity and Authentication product business space. Candidates must also have strong communication skills -- both written and verbal.
* Multiple years of technical expertise with Symantec products, and other Security/Compliance products
* Candidate must have a strong technical background and possess the ability to communicate in-depth technical concepts to any audience.
* Ability to understand the real-world needs of our customers, and suggest best practices and solutions based upon the needs of a specific environment.
* Resourceful problem solver with proven ability to bring quick resolution to challenging situations as well as build lasting relationships with partners and customers.
* A team player, yet independent self-starter committed to the principles of quality on a deadline.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.