GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Information Technology
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr Technical Product Manager
Technical Product Management
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Understand functional/product requirements for a release or multiple releases; apply agile principles to convert specifications into stories and work units/then translate them into criteria for product performance; understand domain and industry trends, and their impact on product future.
* Demonstrate skill in problem decomposition and ability to navigate through ambiguity
* Be regarded as an expert in Agile Methodology. Has the ability to run multiple scrums or scrum-of-scrums
* Lead initiatives such as defining coding standards and processes to ensure consistent and complete backlog creation
* Collaborate closely with Product Managers in Scope and Feature decisions, deciding timelines and release schedules; assist Product Managers with managing customers by showing deep expertise in inbound product management; help Product Managers in defining the product vision and roadmap
* Collaborate and U/X, Architecture, and Engineering teams in design decisions while demonstrating familiarity with technology stack
* Establish close partnership with quality engineering and build and release engineering teams to ensure successful releases
* Understand security and compliance requirements; establish seamless integration with Cyber Security and Compliance teams
* Demonstrate excellent business acumen and know latest industry trends
* Demonstrate superior persuasion and influencing skills that ensure alignment between customer, product manager, and engineering team
* Bachelor's Degree OR completion of a code development pair-programming, bootcamp-style, or accelerated training curriculum focused on contemporary software development OR High School Diploma / GED with 2 years minimum of IT
* A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in business or technical analysis
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
* Must be willing to travel
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in New Orleans, LA
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
* Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
* Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
* Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
* Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
* Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
* Able to work under minimal supervision
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
* Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
* Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.