Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr Technical Product Manager
Technical Product Management
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Must understand functional/product requirements for component/module for a specific release,
documenting it as functional specifications, applying agile principles to convert these specifications
into stories/work units/then translating them into criteria for acceptable product performance;
Works independently, at the same time collaborating with all other roles within an agile product
development life cycle to ensure product releases that meet organizational standards/customer
* Own medium sized feature or feature set requests
* Interact with customers and product managers to understand customer needs and timelines
* Apply Agile principles to translate unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable
user stories and work units through problem decomposition and planning
* Demonstrate practical experience in Agile Methodology to runs scrums and stand-ups to
collaborate with engineering teams and support them with scope considerations, product
* Demonstrate increasing understanding of product and project management
* Demonstrate superior knowledge of software development life cycles to collaborate with
Quality Engineering and Build and Release teams
* Ensure that intermediate and major features releases meet quality standards and functional
* Work with fellow team members and provides subject matter expertise to diagnose bugs and
formulate solutions during User Acceptance Testing as well as after the product is deployed in
* Show increasing understanding of the technology stack and its impact on the final product
* Demonstrate awareness of Industrial trends and domain expertise
* Demonstrate ability to influence customers and product managers through persuasion and
* Bachelor's Degree in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) OR the
completion of a code development pair-programming, bootcamp-style, or accelerated training
curriculum focused on contemporary software development OR High School Diploma / GED with a
4 year minimum of IT experience.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in software product business analysis applications
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background
investigation and drug screen
* Must be willing to travel
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in New Orleans, LA
Add Eligibility Requirement
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background
investigation and drug screen.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Master's Degree/ PHD in Computer Science
* Experience with Windows and Unix / Linux based programming
* Experience working on software projects in the Energy domain (Energy Management, Oil &
Gas, Power & Water)
* Certified Scrum Master and/or Product Owner
* Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving
* Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
* Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
* Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
* Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and
helping team members
* Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs
and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
* Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational
strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
* Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments.
Effectively balances different, competing objectives
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Effective team building and problem solving abilities
* Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self
for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.