Do you have a passion for data and analytics and do you marvel at how artificial intelligence is changing the world? Are you recognized by your peers as a customer-focused and solution-driven creative thinker? Do you have a proven track record of amplifying the contributions of others on cross-organization v-teams and delivering high impact outcomes for partners and customers? As a program manager, are you completely fixated on customer success?
The Data & AI WW Solution Strategy team is responsible for managing the portfolio of data solutions for the Microsoft Consulting Services business. Our primary partner is the Data & AI Delivery Domain in Services and we also work with other Solution Strategy teams and Delivery Domains to enrich their portfolios with embedded data solutions. We work closely with corporate engineering and marketing teams to align our portfolio with the overall corporate sales and marketing strategy for Microsoft’s data platform and AI. We are looking for an energetic Technical Program Manager to drive effective collaboration across our diverse teams of contributing collaborators that delivers results using an agile and accountable process.
Technical Program Manager, Data & AI WW Solutions Strategy
Expectation for this role:
Manage a diverse project portfolio
• Plan and execute work aimed at creating new solutions in the Data & AI portfolio based on business requirements and plans approved by senior leaders
• Manage the IP contributions and content reviews of a solution development v-team consisting of collaborators from many different internal Microsoft groups
• Adapt work plans as required based on changing market conditions or requirements, available resources
• Periodically review and recommend updates to current solutions in the portfolio based on changing market priorities, emerging technologies and field feedback
• Manage multiple develop projects concurrently using standard project management tools and techniques to provide transparent status reporting, risk management and schedule and budget management
• Manage and continually update the solution portfolio including the prioritized backlog of proposed changes
Build and maintain critical relationships
• Collaborate with business and architect leads of new solutions in the portfolio to enlist the right v-team and create the right work plans to deliver success
• Communicate requirements, risks and statuses to all key team members and stakeholders clearly and frequently to enable early identification and resolution of potential issues
• Be flexible and adaptable in the face of unforeseen challenges and quickly assess and communicate probable impacts across key team members and stakeholders
• Establish and drive legitimate shared goals and metrics with external teams even when their overall agenda and mission are not the same as ours
• Recognize and respect honest differences with partner teams and can put the interests of the end customer first
Required skills and experiences:
• Project and/or program management experience – 5+ years
• Consulting experience in the data/AI solution space – 3+ years
• Understanding of Microsoft’s data platform and AI technologies, both on-premise and cloud
• Understanding of data and AI business and common consulting offerings
• Facility with Microsoft Project or comparable project management toolset
• Very strong written and verbal communication skills
Preferred skills and experiences:
• Demonstrated experience working with distributed development teams
• PMI credentialed (PMP, PgMP, PMI-ACP)
• Experience working with international teams located in various geographies around the world
• Experience leading large projects - > $2M budget, 20+ resources, longer than 12 months
This role will be based in Issaquah, WA and may require occasional travel – 5% or 2-4 times per year.
Microsoft Digital, Services & Success
With 23,200+ employees globally, Microsoft Digital, Services, and Success is one of the company’s largest groups, serving customers in 191 countries and 46 languages. Simply put, we help customers and partners get the most out of their technology investments by delivering their voices back to our business groups to make our technology even better—and by accelerating their transformation journeys to become digital businesses. For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/Services.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.