As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
Would you like to be on the cutting edge of a brand new team building the next generation data systems, able to answer questions that drive a $38B company in seconds? The T-Mobile BI Platform and Architecture Data Security team is part of a new team building a next-generation data system designed to quickly and securely answer T-Mobile's business questions, delivering new insights to every facet of T-Mobile's business-from network engineering and customer care to new products and marketing.We are recruiting a Senior Technical Project Manager (Senior TPM) in BI Data Security, to help lead the development and execution of secure solutions for our BI development team in Bellevue, WA. As a Senior TPM, you will help us deliver the next generation of secure BI architecture and data access. You will lead the delivery of software and features that power T-Mobile's next-generation BI system, which not only drives the experience for over 69 million customers, but also powers the growth of new customers to the company. You will drive key functionalities such as secure data acquisition from source, both on-prem and cloud, in terabytes per day, end-to-end data security, access control, monitoring, auditing, and logging. In your role as a Senior TPM you will interface with the security community, and provide leadership in BI security processes, operations, and day to day activities.Successful Senior Project Managers have the following traits
- You relentlessly focus on delivering value to our customers by inventing when necessary and simplifying when possible.
- You get things done.
- You are a great communicator. You can take complex requirements and produce simple and technically sound designs to engineering. You understand deep technical solutions and you are able to communicate them to our customers in clear, simple, and succinct manner.
- You think big. You are a leader for your team, and you are adept at looking around corners for ways to serve customers.
- You are able to take complex problems and distill them to simple solutions, while maintaining the ability to build for the long term.
- You deep dive into problems and you have a strong ability to create durable and scalable solutions.
- You deliver results and embrace setting a rapid pace for your team to work toward while knowing when to have to fun and celebrate the victory.
- You enjoy developing others. Celebrate winning as a team and cultivate a culture where people are encouraged to challengeeach other, but commit wholly to getting the job done right.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience taking a project from scoping requirements through the production launch and beyond.
- Experience in delivering complex, multi team, and multi component projects.
- Strong sense of ownership, customer focus, urgency, and drive.
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
- Knowledge of mobile application development environments.
- Experience with cloud Web Services such as AWS and Azure.
- Knowledge of software design patterns and application integration patterns.
- Experience implementing security solutions (BI level preferred).
- Strong knowledge of Computer Security fundamentals, security and encryption methodologies, compliance, and governance requirements.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis.
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills in at least one modern programming language, such as: Java, C++, or Ruby. Fluency in corresponding unit testing.
- Experience building scalable and high-performance systems and/or web applications in a multi-tiered and distributed environment.
- Participate in the full software development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Design, built, deliver, and maintain around an ecosystem of BI services.
- Own the delivery of an entire system and serve as a TPM lead on midsize to large, complex projects.
- Design and deliver integrations with other T-Mobile systems and components.
- Participate in recruiting efforts, evaluate technical skills in a candidate, continually raises the bar on new talent.
Looking for an opportunity to join a great team, to lead by example, and to mentor more junior TPMs and program managers? If so, we would love to talk to you.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
A little about us:
Being Magenta means something different to each of us, but whatever our role, we stand together behind the game-changing mission of Team Magenta.