This role is a Pre-Sales technical Architect within Oracle's North America Cloud Infrastructure Solutions team (NACIS) providing expertise around Oracle's Infrastructure solutions on-premise and cloud-based. We seek a highly motivated individual and prefer experience with the following:
- Minimum of 3 years as a technical enterprise Solutions Architect to include experience with solutions focused on Enterprise Applications, Middleware/Integration, Database and/or Systems.
- Development of Value Based Solution proposals (ROI, TCO) tying technical Solution Architectures to Strategic Business Drivers and capabilities
- Partnership with Application Architects, Infrastructure Architects and IT Operations to design and implement technology solutions.
- Architecture and deployment of solutions with Oracle Compute and Engineered Systems such as Exadata, Exalogic, Exalytics and Oracle's SPARC or X86 Compute platforms a plus.
- Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (i.e TOGAF, Zachman) a plus .
- Familiarity with architecture and deployment of on-premise and cloud based Solution Architectures. Exposure to Amazon / EC2, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Public Cloud and other Cloud based frameworks is a plus.
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Senior Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision. Acts as a technical resource for less experienced Sales Consultants. Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits, product future direction and overall Oracle solutions. Design, validate, and present Oracle software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. Develop and manage reference sites through high quality technical, professional client relationships.
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 5 years relevant computer applications or database/tools. Demonstrated proficiency in one multi-user operating system. Through knowledge of system and application design. Strong verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments. Ability to travel as needed. BS degree or equivalent; advanced degree desirable.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.