MTC Director – Denver
Are you passionate about helping customers on their digital transformation journey b providing a differentiated and impactful experience of the Microsoft Cloud? Microsoft is hiring a Microsoft Technology Center (MTC) Director for its Denver, CO location.
The MTC is a state-of-the-art innovation environment with a team of senior technical architects that help customers envision, design, and demonstrate solutions that meet their exact needs. The MTC Director is a customer and technical leader at Microsoft on the forefront of our customers’ digital transformation enabled by a cloud first, mobile first world. The mission of the MTCs is to drive an extraordinary customer experience. The MTC Director manages a state of the art facility and customer experience where we take on our customers’ most challenging and complex scenarios - business and technical - with a focus on business outcomes. The MTCs engage customers to help them strategize, architect, and deliver innovative business solutions that empower them to transform their business.
You will lead the best-of-the-best on an elite technology team with extraordinary consultative skills and experience. The MTC is the hub of the Microsoft ecosystem. Core to the role is managing senior Microsoft, Partner and key strategic relationships to enable scale and consistency. You will work on the most complex projects for the top companies-from start-ups to our largest global partners. You will move seamlessly between on-premises, cloud, hybrid, and mobile solutions. You will be a strategic leader for the Northeast and help set the direction for how we articulate Microsoft’s vision and differentiate it from our competition.
This individual will work to accomplish the following:
• Be obsessed about the customer and partner experience at the MTC. Create a culture of customer obsession – Focused on their success. Experience is more than extraordinary execution; It’s about rallying a team around a proven process that enable results for the customer leading to their satisfaction and commitment to Microsoft.
• Lead and grow an extraordinary team of Technical Architects where a culture of feedback enables a learning environment to keep pace with the amazing pace of innovation.
• Attract, hire, develop, and carry overall responsibility for the MTC personnel. Drive for high workgroup health and collaboration that fosters an environment that values diversity, respect, and open communication.
• Grow revenue, consumption, and expand the footprint in strategic targeted accounts through the execution of sales and marketing programs.
• Own relationships with senior Microsoft sales, marketing, and partner leadership across all segments in the within the MTC’s geography.
• Perform as overall leader responsible for the MTC facility and operations, team, reporting, expenses, and budgeting. Be single point-of-contact for MTC performance and status reporting within the geography. Build annual capital request budgets, working with national MTC Operations Manager and local facility Operations Manager.
• Develop strategic relationships with customers, Account Managers, Technical Specialists, Solution Specialists, Services and other key Microsoft teams across the geography’s accounts. Position the MTC’s offerings to our internal and external customers and work collaboratively to determine the best combination/course of action for a given opportunity maximized customer benefit.
• As a customer and sales leader, you will nurture opportunities and accelerate them in partnership with the virtual team. Build trust with customers and enable their decision-making process using consultative selling techniques.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with strategic partners; work to ensure that we meet our commitments with these important partners, and that they are highly satisfied with their involvement with the MTCs.
• As a member of the North American MTC Leadership Team, develop innovative processes and plans for building strong CPE and product and services revenue results. Contribute to development of overall MTC strategy and FY planning process.
• Build constructive relationships with peers in WW MTC community. Share learnings with others in the MTC community, field, partners, and corporate.
Candidates must have a technical undergraduate degree, 10+ years’ experience in pre- or post-sale consulting or as an IT professional, demonstrated project management skills and experience, strong interpersonal, presentation, verbal, and writing skills, 6+ years’ experience with consultative or solution selling processes, and demonstrated ability to effectively execute strategic plans. A minimum of 3 years of previous people management experience also required.
The position requires a commitment to customer and partner satisfaction, including internal customers, strong communication and presentation skills, and the ability to thrive in a team environment. The candidate must be a self-starter who takes ownership of opportunities, works independently, manages multiple simultaneous projects, and deals well with ambiguity and last-minute changes. The candidate needs to have the ability and passion necessary to maintain technical excellence with emerging technologies, including competitive technologies, while continuing to manage customer opportunities.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.