Under general supervision of the Office Automation Manager or other management level associate, responsible for supporting all technical needs in the Corporate Office and remote locations. Technical support includes and is defined by tasks related to personal computer systems and peripherals, video systems, telephone systems, network servers and internal wiring. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals.
- Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems.
- Assists users with questions and problems and works on complex applications.
- Installs software and peripherals and troubleshoots hardware, software and networking problems.
- Conducts research on new technology as requested in order to stay abreast of any new releases and features of business operating systems and software utilized by the organization.
- Maintains an adequate spare parts inventory of systems, subsystems, and component parts used in repair work.
- Prepares progress reports for all work performed in tracking software.
- Performs LAN/hard disk backups.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires some training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor's Degree program, technical vocational training, or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of four (4) years directly related and progressively responsible experience. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of operating systems related to personal computer systems and peripherals, video systems, telephone systems, network servers and internal wiring
- Strong computer skills in order to operate effectively with company systems and programs
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail