Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
- Provide support on escalated workstation issues which are not resolvable by second level.
- Approves/Coordinate escalation to 3rd level such as internal/external support groups such as engineering, or third party vendors such as Microsoft, Apple, etc.
- Participates in service improvement efforts and works closely with various stakeholders in performing root cause analysis, and defining service improvement plan and actions.
- Lead on workstation projects and assigns/coordinates work activities required by technicians.
- Serves as escalation point and works closely with end users to address concerns/escalations.
- Approves hardware/software turned over by engineering, prior to being implemented in production.
- Communicates Tech Alerts to all technicians globally.
- Point of contact for gathering/consolidating technical input for updating Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains/updates/grants access to various technical support tools/portals utilized by technicians.
- Effectively questions user to collect information and understand the issues they are experiencing, and perform diagnostic procedures to isolate and resolve the issues.
- Interact with customers via telephone, e-mail, IM/chat, and social tools, to provide technical support.
- Maintains call records/logs and resolution detail utilizing case management solution, Remedy.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with management to express ideas in order to make informed decisions.
- Installation of workstation, telephony, and mobile hardware/software as required.
- Provisions and prepares workstations using standard images.
- Setup and install new workstations, loaners and other workstation related equipment.
- Maintain 100% accuracy/control in the asset database of deployed assets, recording/updating as needed.
- Communicate and provide knowledge transfer to other agents/technicians on issues/problems and resolution.
Experience & Education Required
- High degree of technical proficiency in the deployment and support of various platforms such as PC, OSX, iOS, Android, and telephony.
- Experience leading technicians and assigning tasks/activities.
- Experience working with third party support/service providers.
- Experience providing exceptional customer support and acting as escalation point to address escalated end user issues/concerns.
- Experience in the certification of hardware and hardware.
- Experience writing technical documents and operational guides.
- 8+ years' experience as senior technician supporting over 1000 users.
Other Required Characteristics
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to support, and explain technical concepts to users at various levels of technical proficiency.
- Effectively manages difficult or volatile situations.
- Effective problem solving.
- Ability to effectively perform issue isolation and resolution in order to minimize downtime.
- Ability to schedule and prioritize.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedures, and OEM guides.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to assess, analyze and research technical situations and provide viable alternatives.
- Ability to learn new technologies and procedures quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively with wide variety of users, and technical teams.
- Technical writing.
- Team Player.
- Strong interpersonal abilities must project
credibility and integrity.
- Goal seeker.
- Detail oriented.
- A great listener.
- Flexible with hours.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.