With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
Under limited supervision, process moderate to complex transactions related to compounding products dealing with automated Compounding Devices and TPN Order Entry Software. Provide technical guidance to other Technical Support Representatives. This support is provided 24/7 including an after hours on-call rotation schedule. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting for all of B. Braun's compounding systems
- Adheres to all B. Braun and customer's regulatory, operational policies and procedures, and department specific requirements
- Provides professional, effective, and efficient medical device support to users of B. Braun's Compounding Systems
- Leverages excellent verbal and written communication skills to manage technical support cases to resolution
- Manages and triages multiple cases to ensure timely resolution and excellent customer experience
- Properly documents customer interactions, support activities, and outcomes.
- Develops and maintains in-depth product knowledge through continuous training and study to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of technical support provided.
- Exercises judgment, utilizes critical thinking, and draws accurate conclusions based on available information.
- Uses B. Braun systems and tools (CRM, Knowledge Base, Email and other internal systems) to process support information.
- Identifies and assists in implementing any changes necessary to manage the accuracy and effectiveness of processes and reference materials.
- Interfaces with Quality, Research and Development, and Manufacturing to resolve product complaint issues, product reliability issues, and overall solution quality.
- Assist in initiating product return and replacement orders.
- Occasional travel may be required to locations within US and Canada
- Performs other tasks as assigned by manage
- Ability to work an on-call/ rotating schedule
- Ability to successfully troubleshoot advanced and complicated issues
- Ability to understand and support Relational Database
- Knowledge of Applicable FDA regulations and USP 797 standards
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
#LI-GB1 Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications-Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Associates degree in any STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics) discipline and 5-7 years experience; OR
- Bachelors degree in any STEM discipline with 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Prior customer service/technical support experience
- Understanding of network administration, including Windows User permissions
- Proficient in computer hardware and software applications (Microsoft Office Suite, Window Operating Systems, etc)
- Hands on experience configuring, implementing, troubleshooting, supporting and using Pharmacy Compounding devices and TPN Calculation software
- Experience accessing remote desktops, virtual machines, or applications via network or the internet (remote terminal services)
- Experience reading, and understanding system architecture diagrams.
- Prior experience in medical device
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.