Primary Purpose of the Job:
- JB15 in Analytical Sciences will be cross-trained and capable of performing analyses in multiple areas within Analytical Chemistry.
- The incumbent must be able to plan, schedule, and prioritize multiple jobs to meet customer needs. Clear and effective communication and collaboration are essential skills. Documentation in the form laboratory notebooks, records, and LIMS reports is required. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that all preparation, testing, and documentation are done within the guidelines of the Quality System.
- Perform technique-specific sample preparation within Analytical Sciences.
- Problem solving and trouble-shooting with analytical instrumentation. Frequently repairs instruments within the incumbent’s skill set. Engages technical experts when problems occur outside of their skill set.
Major activities / Key challenges:
- Flexibility to work in multiple areas within Analytical Chemistry
- Ability to follow established SOPs, SWIs, and other standards and procedures.
- Ability to recommend and / or develop improvements or new SOPs, SWIs, and other standards and procedures.
- Document work in laboratory notebooks, records, and LIMS.
- Prepare data letters and written reports as needed.
Essential knowledge & Skills / Education
- BS Chemistry, Biochemistry, Environmental, Biology, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Willingness to be flexible for training in new analysis areas.
- High level of adaptability in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Seeks additional training and assignments.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Participation in all HP and EHS events
A little about us:
Alcoa is a global leader in lightweight metals technology, engineering and manufacturing, innovating multi-material solutions that advance our world.