Performs duties, with limited supervision or engineering guidance, utilizing knowledge and skills commensurate with the requirements of this position. In this position, you will work in a team environment with engineers, designers, technicians, and product managers to ensure successful product launch and support. Work will include electric actuators, thermostats, panel assemblies, and sensor product lines. As competent technician, this role performs various engineering support activities of an advanced technical nature. Requires full use of experience and engineering tools. Responsibilities include formulating strategic work execution plans and methods, documenting daily work activities, maintaining laboratory equipment in a safe, proper working condition and providing technical training when required. Senior Technician will work closely with supervisor and cognizant engineer to keep them informed of status, concerns, or problems at all times.
1. Analyzes, tests, troubleshoots, and repairs new or existing hardware, software, or manufacturing designs or processes.
2. Constructs assemblies, tests circuits, wire harnesses, or tests fixtures.
3. Prepares formal technical reports.
4. Collects and records accurate test or process data for use in problem analysis, product verification, process verification, and engineering or manufacturing estimates.
5. Assists in developing and documenting engineering procedures and preparing of charts, graphs, and reports for future referral of information.
6. Assists engineers to design, develop, evaluate, qualify, and improve product, software programs, or processes.
7. Maintains work area and equipment in a safe, proper working condition.
8. Utilizes software application programs such as Microsoft Office, etc.
9. Works with outside vendors to obtain information, parts, or equipment.
10. Handles difficult or advanced tasks simultaneously. Has effective time management skills so that high priority tasks are completed as planned.
11. Uses department processes and goals when planning self-directed work activities.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Associate Degree or equivalent military or formal training area of involvement.
2. Minimum 3 years experience in the technical field. Advanced skills, additional education, and exceptional performance may alter this requirement.
3. Additional training or continuing education applicable to the position. Typically, an average of one course or seminar per year which pertains to the job.
4. Able to apply fundamental engineering theories, mathematics, mechanics, and physical science concepts to the job.
5. Preferred experience in the fields of electrical (120/230Vac), electronic, mechatronics, pneumatic, and electro-mechanical testing.
6. Preferred experience testing systems with DC brush and brushless motors.
7. Preferred experience testing with a variety of environmental and electrical factors.
8. Preferred experience testing for regulatory compliance of UL, CE, and other global standards.
9. Desired experience with LabVIEW.
10. Preferred experience with SMT soldering.
11. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, good written and oral communications skills, flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
12. Able to perform duties with minimal supervision at onset of new project assignments and virtually no supervision thereafter.
13. Able to proficiently use the tools or materials required to perform typical assigned duties in areas of hardware, software, and manufacturing.
14. High attention to detail and solid organizational skills.
15. Possess a professional appearance and positive work attitude, in accordance with work area and company policies.
16. Able to develop skills necessary for advancement.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.