At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
*SPECIAL POSTING NOTE:
- The successful candidate will be required to successfully obtain NERC Certification.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Continuously monitor and operate the transmission system to assure the highest level of safety, reliability and customer service to achieve Energy Delivery's related goals. ; Authorized to direct field forces in routine operation and emergency conditions to assure work area safety and transmission system reliability. ; Coordinate activities with PJM Interconnection, the operating authority for grid operations.
Note: Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24x7 coverage for storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Monitor the Energy Management System displays to remain abreast of current conditions and take appropriate actions to maintain system voltages and line and equipment loading within acceptable limits to assure the reliability of the Electric Transmission System.
- Monitor advanced applications and alarms to evaluate system integrity and reliability/security. ; Identify emergency situations and abnormal conditions and implement actions required to restore the transmission system to a safe and reliable configuration.
- Prepare and independently review clearance orders to assure the safe work area for field forces working on the electric transmission system. ;
- Plan, coordinate, authorize, and direct switching and blocking to assure the safe work area for field forces working on the electric transmission system. ;
- Notify and direct appropriate personnel as may be needed to take necessary actions associated with equipment breakdowns or malfunctions, emergencies, and various other occurrences on the transmission system. ;
- Authorize and direct emergency switching and blocking to restore tripped or faulted equipment.
- Maintain records of activities associated with the transmission dispatch function.
- Maintain on-going communication with the on duty Shift Manager in order to keep him/her informed of all pertinent operational information. ; - Interface with PJM dispatching personnel, field forces, Power Team dispatching personnel, generating station personnel, other transmission company dispatchers and high voltage customers.
- NOTE: Depending on the position the dispatch is filling, the % of time per accountability will be different.
- Sr Transmission System Dispatcher may fill the following two positions: Reliability or Transmission.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated use of three-part communications.
- Ability to coordinate activities with PJM, Power Team, Generating Plants, and Transmission Customers.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and judgment.
- Demonstrated teamwork and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to emergencies and manage stressful situations.
- Must be available to work rotating shifts and overtime.
- Must successfully complete on-the-job training requirements for the position. Must pass PJM Transmission Certification within two years and attend assigned training to maintain certification.
- Selection process includes candidates passing the EEI Operators Test and a test measuring the ability to work in a high stress environment
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Business, or job related technical field and 5-8 years experience in the operation, planning, design or maintenance of high voltage electrical equipment OR, in lieu of Bachelors degree, a minimum of 9-12 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of PJM rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of Clearance and Tagging.
- NERC certification
- Designated Authority responsible for the operation of the Transmission System that includes full authority and responsibility for dispatching all switching operations on the transmission system under their jurisdiction. Under normal operating conditions, approval from the Transmission Operator is required before any action is initiated. Under emergency conditions, a TSO Dispatcher may take whatever action he/she believes is necessary to restore the transmission system to a safe and stable condition up to and including shedding firm load.
- Direct field forces during troubleshooting and/or switching and blocking activities.
- Actions have significant impact on public and employee safety, reliability and customer satisfaction goals.
- Consultation with the on-duty Shift Manager is expected when setting repair priorities, requesting field overtime and for major operational issues.
- Regular contact with personnel from PJM dispatching and planning personnel, field forces and work management, Power Team dispatching personnel, generating station personnel (Exelon and external), other transmission company dispatchers and planning personal and high voltage customers.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.