Company Description Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code." Job Description
The Data division is part of the Visa's technology organization. The division is responsible for maintaining Visa's data assets and provides value added information product and services to our clients and for internal use. The data platform consists of various repositories which include relational database, big data (HBASE), Hadoop & other proprietary data stores. The client access to these data is enabled as data products and services through a set of Web Service, BI products & Files. The data services access is enabled via browser, mobile and web services. The Platform as Service (PaaS) development group is part of the Data division that manages Data as Service platforms; provide data administration, data subscription and data services capabilities internal and external use. The platform enables services to access external data sources in cloud environments. The Subscription includes the access administration of BI products, Files & data. The platform also provides location based services by integrating with external location based providers through APIs.
Seeking a Sr. UI/UX Engineer to provide UI component development and page prototyping of bank/merchant-facing applications for web/mobile. An Engineer who can develop and implement great design that has the ability to engage and inspire users and strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with our applications and products. We value hard work, accountability and collaboration and look for proven skills. Primary Responsibilities
- Work with diverse team of product owners, UX designers, and develo pers in fast paced environment, with quick iterative cycles
- Lead the UI component development
- Exercises independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor
- Take real ownership of the products and features you build.
- Balance the need to ship quickly with the need to build a solid product.
- Design and implement well-tested code, both independently and with teammates.
- Demo progress on deliverables.
- Help estimate and prioritize product backlog.
- Continuously learn about technology and share knowledge with the team.
- Ability to develop high fidelity prototype and wireframes
- Bachelor/Masters degree in CS, MIS, UX or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience required
- Experience in implem enting HTML/CSS based on mockups from designers/style guides (Required)
- Experience with modern web frameworks such as AngularJS and jQuery (Required)
- Expert understanding of the DOM (Required)
- Experience with SCM - Git, SVN, ClearCase, etc. (Required)
- Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes, and HTML Prototypes (Required)
- Web Standards and Accessibility Best Practices (Required)
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills (Required)
- Ability to analyze written requirements and visually conceptualize the user interface and application flows (Required)
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time (Required)
- Responsive Design Principles and experience writing CSS media queries (Required)
- Strong knowledge of CSS (Less, Sass, Bootstrap).
- Ability to account for functional requirements as well as non-functional requirements such as scalability, maintainability, monitoring, supportability, and testability.
- Ability to express well-thought-out opinions about product.
- Familiar with continuous integration and deployment concepts.
- Comfortable taking ownership of deliverables as part of a team.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment, both offering and asking for help when it's needed.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.