Plano 2 (31062), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Sr Unit Manager, HL Servicing
The Audit and Risk Manager coordinates efforts to gather documentation requested during audits and exams, assesses operational risk in various processes, and works with business leads to reduce or eliminate risk. The Audit and Risk Manager must possess sufficient leadership skills to effectively determine audit/risk needs and priorities with operations managers, attention to detail to review audit submissions for clarity, and written communication skills to clearly address questions and concerns from auditors, examiners and regulators.
- Become a contact for audit management (CFPB, OCC, FNMA SQR, E&Y, S&P, etc.)
- Become a subject matter expert on our processes, policies, procedures and training programs to be able to confidently articulate audit/exam responses
- Partner with our Business Risk Office to identify risks and ensure preparation and remediation are completed timely
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- Highly motivated and ability to problem solve effectively
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to organize and maintain a high volume work environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent supervisory and analytical skills
- Must have good interpersonal skills and ability to conduct business diplomatically and effectively in difficult situations
- Flexibility and ability to change job focus quickly
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of financial services experience
- 5 years of experience in financial services Risk/Compliance Management
- 3 years of people management experience
- 1 year of experience completing Quality Audits
- 1 year experience in supervising audit engagements
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.