GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr User Experience Designer
Applications and Software
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Works on highly complex projects that require an in-depth knowledge across two or more specialized user experience domains. Works as an individual contributor, project leader, or internal consultant.
In this role, you will:
* Ability to multitask across multiple projects multiple projects in a cross-functional environment
* Participates in team discussions relative to current user experience projects
* Demonstrates a strong understanding of Agile / Lean UX methodologies
* Researches and evaluates emerging design, technology, industry, and market trends
* Guides effective documentation and communication of design - via wireframes, mockups, and requirements engineering
* Facilitate user experience design collaborations with individuals and teams from other disciplines
* Report on project status, issues, and risks. Identify and mitigate UX risks on projects
* Interface with UI implementation teams to ensure correct realization of UI prototypes
* Understands how to leverage design systems for designing and building applications
* Bachelor's Degree in Graphic/Visual Design, Fine Arts, Library and Information Science, Human Computer Interaction, Marketing, Industrial Design, or STEM Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
* A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in user experience design OR Master's degree with 3 years of experience
* Minimum 1 year of enterprise UX (User Experience) and interaction design experience
* Strong working knowledge of principles of Web and application design (HTML, CSS, JS)
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Must be willing to travel 15%
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Selects appropriate research methods to answer questions and develop holistic understanding of user and customer needs
* Collaboratively leads user research, concept testing, and usability testing by utilizing various methodologies, and a variety of user research methods to develop an understanding of user needs
* Identifies appropriate synthesis techniques to meet the needs of specific design situations
* Facilitates group understanding of research data; leverages data to derive actionable insights
* Understands the existing architecture of our application and design system
* Creates annotated prototypes or wireframes of user interface designs that visually and textually communicate the behavior of a software application
* Use storyboards/narrative/wireframes/prototypes of varying fidelity to express how a product or service should behave to deliver capabilities in a way that supports user needs, goals, and workflows
* Conduct design validation sessions with users and stakeholders to reveal deep insights about user/business needs and technical constraints to determine how a design should be evolved and refined
* Demonstrates knowledge of business structure (P&Ls) and the interplay of functions to support business goals
* Understands the competitive landscape, regulatory marketing, etc. Articulates clearly the main industry dynamics
* Understands key principles of design thinking, what it is and why it is important. Explores all ideas, regardless of their source
* Works to create an understanding of how individual people and things fit within larger structures (like systems or organizations), as well as the relationships between parts of a system and the system as a whole.
* Assists with or creates basic project plans for UX projects or the UX portion of a larger development project. Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
* Keeps participants focused on task and end process. Guides participation to include all present; solicits information about absent stakeholders
* Expresses UX and design concepts to collaborators on cross functional teams. Goes beyond merely presenting designs, explains the story of the rationale and benefit of design ideas
* Understands the value of a rigorous and transparent decision-making process.
* Acts and decides appropriately when all available information may not be possible to obtain
* Helps cross-functional teams use critical thinking skills to engage with questions and problems
* Asks questions appropriate needed to translate an abstract problem into a roadmap for identifying solutions. Seeks out processes and ideas that are out of the norm
* Takes initiative to learn new tools and techniques and integrates new methods to drive improved outcomes.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.