Description & Responsibilities
• Identifying requirements, developing user models, designing and prototyping UI for interaction, documenting and maintaining UI specifications and guidelines
• Communicating with strategy and development teams to evangelize User Experience design directions and resolve design tradeoffs and implementation issues
• Take ideas and concepts, and visualize them in such that they are communicated effectively and compellingly for internal product teams, partners and customers.
• Turn vision into concept and translate those concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity, despite complexity of the system.
• Producing storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, wire frames, HTML prototypes
• Collaborating with usability engineers to conduct necessary research and support usability efforts throughout the standard development cycle
• Participate in and foster Oracle Design Community and mentor junior members of the design team.
• Mentoring junior designers and student interns
• Two to five years of industry experience researching & designing User Experience for interaction on products that will be shipped
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Industrial Design, Visual Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Psychology, Cognitive Research or related discipline
• Proven track record in applying user-centered design processes and methods to product development
• Strong communication and people skills in working in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative environment
• Proven track record in setting a vision for great customer experiences, inspiring others to get behind the vision, and ultimately delivering products and services that are known for their delightful experience and ease of use
• Familiarity with web and mobile technologies and their impact on user experience
• A passion for creating products that resonate on an emotional level
• Domain knowledge of financials, human resources management, learning management, customer relationship management, supply chain management, business analytics, or project management a plus
• Must have strong online portfolio available for viewing
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically seven years of software engineering or related experience needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.