The Database Security Group is chartered to provide security infrastructure components for Oracle product groups and develop security products/solutions for Oracle customers. Oracle is the leader and pioneer in database security. Our group continues to innovate and extend the lead on our competitors. We develop core database security functionality, network security and solutions that address enterprise-wide security challenges, especially by consolidating and centralizing security relevant information and policies, thereby enabling better manageability and stricter enforcement. Homeland security, Privacy, Compliance, Application Hosting, Defense, Finance, and Healthcare are among the industries that benefit from this technology. Security is essential for businesses and consumers in the information age.
Our team within the Database Security Group is responsible for building the Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall solution. Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall consolidates and collates audit data, and monitors Oracle and non-Oracle database traffic, to detect and block threats, as well as improves compliance reporting by consolidating audit data from databases, operating systems, directories, and other sources. Highly accurate SQL grammar-based technology blocks unauthorized transactions, helping prevent internal and external attacks from reaching the database.
If you are passionate about improving the software development user experience, and love discussing technology and software development as much as you love discussing design, this is the perfect job for you.
As a Senior User Experience designer you will:
• Capture project design requirements from Product Managers, Engineers and User Researchers, distill into a design brief and then agree the brief with all stakeholders.
• Facilitate project kickoff and requirement gathering workshops, leading collaborative exploration of the design problem space with Engineers and Product Managers.
• Utilize your expertise in UX design thinking to delve deeply into problems and find the best solutions that meet both user needs and Microsoft business objectives.
• Provide sketches, wireframes, information architectures, prototypes, user flows (use cases, activity diagrams), state matrix's and non-functional specifications for visual designers and implementation teams as appropriate.
• Clearly and systematically manage design scope in a timely fashion to facilitate progress and ensure that delivered designs are implementable within given time and resource constraints.
• Collaborate with User Research and Testing to design solutions to fulfill user needs or gaps that have been identified.
• Review and validate work with peers, stakeholders and users throughout the UX design process, maintaining constant and open communication with key team members
• Pitch design solutions to stakeholders, explaining and rationalizing design decisions to non-design audiences.
• Work with developers to iterate on designs during implementation. Maintain an open communication channel with devs and ensure products are delivered to a high standard.
• Continually watch for and identify ways to improve and evolve the design process and communication with groups outside the design team.
• Mentor, motivate, inspire and lead less experienced members of the team.
• Prioritize and work in an agile, iterative way.
Key Competencies and Role Essentials
• Demonstrated experience designing software product UX in an iterative development environment.
• Lateral problem solving skills.
• Needs to be able to identify possible solutions that are outside of the obvious design space.
• Ability to clearly and succulently present UX design concepts and explain UX design thinking to non-design stakeholders Strong understanding of UX design patterns, and design pattern development.
Basic Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum 5 years' experience as a user experience designer working on software products
• Background in software engineering, must have written code at some point as part for your career, hobbies or education
• Strong portfolio of UX design work demonstrating expertise with a wide range of UX design techniques.
Desirable Qualification and Experience
• Experience working client side as a UX designer on products at a software development company (not only agency experience)
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.