Power Information Technology
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
SR UX Interaction Designer
Design and User Experience
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Greenville,Schenectady, Houston, Atlanta
As Sr. UX Interaction Designer help create useful and desirable software product and service experiences for multiple business domains such as Supply Chain, Commercial, Engineering and Product Management & Customer Applications, may lead or be an individual to contributor to multiple user experience engagements, and work on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple specialized business domains.
As the UX Interaction Designer you will:
* Lead and influence business-wide discussions relative to current Business Intelligence & Analytics user experience projects and the future direction of design and user experience
* Demonstrate a strong understanding of Agile / Lean UX methodologies and lead Agile projects to manage backlog and deliver business outcomes based on approved user stories
* Engage in an end-to-end experience, from vision to production
* Guide effective documentation and communication of design - via wireframes, mockups, prototypes and user stories
* Leads research and evaluation of emerging design, technology, industry, and market trends
* Create training material and train users on use of the BI & Analytics content
* Use contemporary communication methods to inform BI & Analytics users of new release content and business benefits
* Bachelor's Degree in Interaction, Graphic, or Industrial Design preferred or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
* A minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in Business Intelligence, product or service design
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Must be willing to travel
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Proven experience with Ux design and Agile-based software development lifecycle
* Superior verbal and written presentation skills to communicate clear, concise findings and actionable recommendations to designers, technologists and stakeholders
* Strong analytical skills to critically evaluate information, reconcile conflicts, synthesize low-level information at a higher level and distinguish user's requests from true needs and solution ideas from requirements
* Strong communication skills (oral, written, summary commentary, etc.) including the ability to build relationships and effectively communicate and influence across all organization levels
* Operates with a high degree of autonomy and accountability
* Visualization tool experience (Tableau, TIBCO Spotfire or equivalent)
* Uses participatory design activities (e.g. paper prototype co-creation, card sorting) to understand vision, business model and assumptions and tacit knowledge about user needs and behaviors
* Conducts user research to understand user needs, mental models and working contexts
* Synthesizes output of stakeholder research & creates visualizations that effectively summarize key insights related to user and customer needs and behaviors, product definition
* Creates annotated prototypes or wireframes of user interface designs that visually and textually communicate the behavior of a software application
* Skilled in standard design & wireframing tools (Adobe CC, OmniGraffle, Sketch), hand drawing and visual communication, time-based and interactive prototyping tools (Hype, Adobe Edge, Keynote)
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.