The Platform Technologies Team specializes in validation at the intersection of silicon-based features that require an enabling firmware or software/OS stack. Our current responsibilities include a variety of security features including SGX, TXT (Trusted Execution Technology), Boot Guard, BIOS Guard, and others; Platform RAS features; and, platform manageability (SPS).
Our team interacts with all server Xeon product lines and delivers both pre- and post-silicon validation. We work in simulation/emulation environments and with open chassis systems.
If you have experience in any of our technology areas (Security, RAS, SPS/Platform Management) or in platform validation, you should consider this opportunity.
In this position, you will help lead a team responsible for validating the security, RAS, and manageability features of Intel high-end servers and workstations.You will work with other teams across Intel including hardware and software security architects, silicon design and debug teams, and multiple software organizations.
Your activities will include specification based feature analysis, end-user perspective use case analysis, creating and implementing tests and methods to confirm these features, to presenting your findings.
It's a hands-on job with open chassis systems that also requires strong oral and written communication skills.
An excellent candidate will have both validation experience and knowledge of at least one of our technologies plus have strong experience with commercial server operating systems (Windows, Linux, VMware ESX), but if you meet even one of these areas and are interested in learning more, we welcome your application.
- BS with 4 years experience or MS degree in Software, Computer, or Electrical Engineering, or 7 years of relevant experience
- High degree of personal responsibility
- Ability to work in a team environment and balance and prioritize work
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot complex problems
- Good understanding of processor architecture
- Basic OS kernel knowledge (Windows, Linux, or VMware ESX)
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Validation experience
- Knowledge of Intel's Security, RAS, or SPS technologies
- Knowledge of SMBus and SPI bus communication protocols
- Knowledge of software and/or hardware testing and tools (JTAG/ITP, kernel debugger)
- Scripting skills (Python)
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.