We are looking for an experienced and talented SENIOR VISUAL DESIGNER
who is up to the challenge of fast-paced development of a large, complex, strategic product. As a senior visual designer you will be working with a talented, enthusiastic, and focused team. You will champion innovative, compelling, and eye-catching visual designs.
Our team is dedicated to providing industry-leading tools used by information technology (IT) professionals to support the world's largest cloud computing environments. When you book an airline ticket, or when you order takeout, or when you check the weather on your phone, there is an IT environment behind the scenes. These IT cloud environments consist of many types of information technology components such as databases, web servers, hosts, security servers, etc. While each of these components are amazingly complex individually, the technical complexity is off the charts when 100,000s-millions are interoperating in a cloud environment. Can you imagine building a tool that can support this complexity and can scale to the world's largest cloud environments? We proudly build such a tool, and we invite you to join us!
Designer should be comfortable working with several teams concurrently, working within a design system while also creating cutting-edge design concepts, presenting work to executives and stakeholders, ensuring work is adhering to project guidelines and technical requirements, and ensuring projects are completed on time.
As a SENIOR VISUAL DESIGNER
, you should have very strong communication skills, and background and experience working in software development environments with cross-functional teams. You will be responsible for design concepts, creating design mockups, producing visual assets and writing visual design specifications that are required for proper design implementation. You will work closely with UI designers, developers, and product managers. Exemplary visual design skills and solid understanding of the latest web and mobile technology is preferred.
If you are a UI designer/developer, please do not respond to this job posting; this is a SENIOR VISUAL DESIGNER
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in graphic design, visual design, information design, or visual communication highly preferred
- 7 years of industry experience in visual design creating assets such as icons and line art; setting standards for typography, color, and style, and creating pattern libraries and other collateral to support software user interfaces
- Strong background in visual design within a system-based design environment such as Oracle Alta UI .
- Experience in translating UX wireframes into compelling pixel-perfect renditions, or providing visual design concepts that address specific practical and technical constraints
- Familiarity with visual standards and designer patterns used on iOS, Android, and Windows devices
- Strong capability to articulate when to maintain visual consistency versus diversity within and across products
- Expertise in Adobe Product Suite and other graphic design tools
- Experience in Agile development environments
- Ability to produce quick prototypes/animation effects that showcase/translate a design concept
- Background in use of typography for both mobile and desktop, across Windows and Mac
- Strong understanding of web trends and underlying technology such as HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience evaluating visual design work with users
- Strong communication and people skills in working in a multidisciplinary collaborative environment
- Natural collaborator who prefers developing designs in a team environment as well as being self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Able to clearly communicate concepts and advocate design decisions to cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate exemplary conceptual, design, and production skills, critical eye for attention to detail and pixel perfection
- Ability to deliver high quality work on tight schedules
- Attention to detail while working on multiple projects
- Perform and present analysis of competitor's designs
- Handle routine design work including icons, images, etc
PORTFOLIO OF WORK:
- Showcase outstanding body of work demonstrating the successful delivery of innovative product UI design solutions
- Portfolio needs to reflect product UI design for web, cloud, tablet/phone
- Designs and prototypes of data visualization and information graphics
Oracle is the world's largest supplier of database software and is the world's favorite solution for fully distributed computing. Oracle provides the widest range of enterprise software in the world, including products sold to manufacturing, finance, human resource management, sales, customer relations, collaboration, application development, and business intelligence customers.Qualifications:
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically seven years of software engineering or related experience needed.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.