Are you a visual designer who loves and truly understands UX? Aquent Studios' new design studio in NOVA is adding ten Visual/UI Designers to help redefine the look, function, and reputation of design in the intelligence community in a big way! Use your combined skills in graphic design, UI (user interface) design, and UX (user experience) design to create compelling deliverables for web and mobile!
These positions sit on-site at a high-profile government security agency and require top-notch graphic design ability. Yet the roles go way beyond mere cosmetics. We seek strong UX chops and the confidence and communication skills to make recommendations that improve UX on a variety of projects. If you already have strong UX experience, you will start making big contributions, quickly. If you've got strong UX knowledge and some first-hand experience, this may be the lift-off point you have been looking for in your design career, for a more UX-centric career path.
There will be a strong focus on web design in these roles, with much potential for mobile projects and responsive design. For designers just getting started in responsive, this may prove an opportunity to grow your skill set over time as the role evolves. If you already have responsive design experience, it could lend itself to bigger opportunities within this studio and/or agency. Responsibilities:
- Create intelligently designed and visually appealing web design and/or mobile design using skills in visual design, UI design, and UX design.
- Shape and lead solutions for various types of design and data visualization in an increasingly complex and changing technological environment.
- Stay abreast of industry design trends and tools, helping to document leading practices and new service offerings to raise awareness within the studio, the agency, and, subsequently, the broader intelligence community.
- 3+ years of user interface design experience
- Strong knowledge of UX principles and practices
- A solid foundation in graphic design demonstrated through compelling use of design principles and elements including: white space, balance, repetition, typography, color, contrast, alignment, etc.
- Basic HTML coding skills and, preferably, additional front end coding skills are a PLUS!
- An "all hands on deck" mentality to working on a team
- An innate ability for abstract thinking and problem-solving. There are no confining boxes here.
- Creativity is needed and encouraged.
- A security clearance! It would be great if you have an active, Top Secret clearance w/ Sensitive
- Compartmented Information (SCI) access approval. If you don't have a clearance, we will help facilitate the clearance process. This means your background needs to be squeaky clean-and we mean squeaky!
- 508 compliance (highly preferred)
- Additional design skills, including motion graphics, 3D (modeling, animation), 2D animation, illustration, and others, are a plus.
** Aquent is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.**
A little about us:
Aquent helps leading companies achieve their goals by connecting them with talented marketing, creative and digital professionals on a contract basis.