IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries. Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
Seeking a Senior VoIP Engineer who will be responsible for the design, implementation, and support of our Cisco voice infrastructure across the North American and World-wide network across 80+ countries. Overall delivery of solutions is based on Cisco's Unified Communications technology, with a significant emphasis on voice. An ideal candidate would possess a solid background in the design and implementation of VoIP networks utilizing Cisco Unified Communications Platform consisting of Call Manager, Unity, and Call Center applications. Candidate would have worked on fairly large scale VoIP networks/rollouts in the past.
Candidate should also be able to lead and manage voice projects through all phases including initial needs analysis, formulating designs and solutions, implementation and documentation
- Design and implement highly scalable VoIP networks to provide connectivity to over 100 sites worldwide
- Maintain current and thorough knowledge of Cisco technologies, with particular emphasis on Unified Communications (Call Manager, Unity, IPCC Express, Meeting Place, etc.)
- Maintain current and thorough knowledge of relevant complimentary technologies to Cisco (e.g. network based faxing, video, call recording, etc.)
- Conduct network and voice/readiness assessments.
- Work with to evaluate network health and capacity planning. Implement overall solutions including development of design documents (dial plan, testing plan, etc.)
- Implement connectivity to legacy customer systems, particularly legacy TDM PBX systems (Avaya, Nortel, etc.)
- Lead projects related to VoIP infrastructure and technologies
- Participate in all phases of the project including initial needs analysis, formulating designs and solutions, implementation and documentation
- Provide technical details about production offerings to employees helping to grow their knowledge and understanding
- Assist in the development and delivery of training sessions to peers and employees
- Share knowledge and experience to enhance the technical capabilities of the voice, data, and telecom team
Work will be performed out of the client's facilities in Arlington, VA. An active Government security clearance of DOD Secret is required.BENEFITS
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population. CAREER GROWTH
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role. CORPORATE CITIZENSHIP
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
2252 GBSPSDC DCHJ Inteloh
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.