This position can be hired at a different tier depending on experience.
The Senior Worker's Compensation Claim Representative is part of a dedicated team of workers' compensation claim professionals, responsible for successfully managing worker's compensation claims. You will have the opportunity to fully engage your exceptional verbal and numerical critical thinking skills; gather information, apply reasoning and draw appropriate conclusions to make sound decisions. The Sr. Work Comp role will also use your knowledge and expertise to:
- Plan recommend, reserve and execute the investigation, valuation, disposition and settlement of claims for the California jurisdiction
- Achieve fair, equitable and timely claim dispositions
- Properly assess the indemnity, medical and expense exposure of assigned claims
- Set reserves accurately and in a timely manner
- Accurately resolve coverage and compensability issues
- Plan, organize and establish priorities, determine realistic completion dates
- Use services of others appropriately
- Develop advanced functional knowledge to appropriately interpret and apply insurance coverage
- Develop technical and jurisdictional expertise
- Maintain current knowledge of claim loss cost containment initiatives, and use them appropriately and consistently with company practices and procedures
- Identify and initiate mitigation, subrogation and other recovery opportunities on assigned claims
- Identify fraud indicators and initiate investigation on assigned claims
- Apply general mathematical knowledge and / or financial analysis to achieve results
- Handle claim files in a manner consistent with Claim quality standards and goals
- Dedicate your focus to ensuring our customers have a positive and pleasant experience
- P&C insurance claim handling experience required
- Certification exams and adjusting licenses as required by state
- Outstanding interpersonal skills working within a dedicated, supportive team
- Strong focus delivering outstanding customer service
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Demonstrated consistent high level of performance and achievement over career span
- Excellent time management ability
- Core Communication, Customer Service and Talent DNA Badges preferred for current internal claims staff
- Strong desire to launch your career to the next level!
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
We are seeking a Senior Workers' Compensation Claim Representative to work onsite in either our Rancho Cordova, CA, Scottsdale, AZ, Lake Oswego, Las Vegas, NV or Albuquerque, NM office.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression