This position can be hired at a different tier depending on experience.
The Sr. Workers Compensation Claim Representative is part of a dedicated team of workers' compensation claim professionals, responsible for successfully managing workers' compensation claims. The Sr. Claim Representative role will utilize their exceptional verbal and numerical critical thinking skills; gather information, apply reasoning and draw appropriate conclusions to make sound decisions. Worker's Compensation expertise will be used to:
- Plan recommend, reserve and execute the investigation, valuation, disposition and settlement of Workers' Compensation claims
- Achieve fair, equitable and timely claim dispositions
- Properly assess the indemnity, medical and expense exposure of assigned Workers' Compensation claims
- Set reserves accurately and in a timely manner
- Accurately resolve coverage and compensability issues
- Plan, organize and establish priorities, determine realistic completion dates
- Develop advanced functional Worker's Compensation knowledge to appropriately interpret, apply coverage, and claim technical and jurisdictional expertise.
- Maintain current knowledge of claim loss cost containment initiatives, use them appropriately and consistently with company practices and procedures
- Identify and initiate mitigation, subrogation and other recovery opportunities on assigned claims
- Identify fraud indicators and initiate investigation on assigned claims
- Apply general mathematical knowledge and / or financial analysis to achieve results
- Handle claim files in a manner consistent with Claim quality standards and goals
- Ensure Hartford customers have a positive and pleasant experience
- Workers' compensation claim handling experience required. Experience in one or more of the following jurisdictions is required: NY, NJ, CT, MA, PA, NH, VT, ME, RI and/or DE.
- Certification exams and adjusting licenses as required by state
- Outstanding interpersonal skills working within a dedicated, supportive team
- Strong focus delivering outstanding customer service
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Demonstrated consistent high level of performance and achievement over career span
- Excellent time management ability
- Strong desire to launch your career to the next level!
Behaviors at the Hartford:
• Inspires Excellence
• Delivers Results
• Trusted Decision Maker
• Enterprise Team Player
• Forward Thinker WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
This may be a remote work from home opportunity for qualified candidates within the jurisdictions handled by the Northeast Workers' Compensation Claim Center: CT, DE, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD