Position Summary & Job Description
Visa Corporate IT (CIT) group has embarked on a major transformation journey. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience and end user support first. As part of this strategy, we are consolidating several of our engineering functions into a single area focused on providing world class engineering to our end user systems. This change is geared towards rethinking how we provide engineering for the services we're responsible for. As a member or the End User Systems engineering team, the Systems Engineer will be responsible for providing engineering for the systems and services supported by the team. The successful candidate will be required to assist in defining/setting standards, certification of hardware/software, and assisting in the design and architecture of end user technologies. Responsibilities
- Participate in all aspects of the application lifecycle for applications supported within the Visa Windows 10 workstation environment. This includes research, analysis, testing, certification, documentation and support
- Analyze application functionality against business requirements and work with stakeholders, end users, and vendors in the certification process to ensure applications meet business requirements as well as technical and security requirements.
- Certify hardware and software.
- Work in the defining configuration standards for Windows OS, including creation and maintenance of Golden image.
- Create and maintain all necessary documentation for supported applications to include detailed certification processes and procedures, products certified, certification scripts, QC and findings, installation and maintenance scripts.
- Evaluate new releases, fixes, security update and hotfixes, for supported applications and perform necessary QC and certification for installation on all supported workstations platforms.
- Work with various support groups, technicians, and other SME's in reviewing certifications of new applications. Perform turn-over procedures for certified applications.
- Log and track application certification using the workstation engineering certification process
- Create MSI packages utilizing Wise Studio and Wise Scripts and integrate with Microsoft SCCM deployment solution to automate the deployment of all certified applications.
- Support/maintain workstation backup solution
- Assist with vulnerability remediation as needed.
About Visa: Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
- 6-8 years of experience performing workstation engineering functions such as certification of HW/SW, automation scripts, and performing 3rd level workstation support.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows 10 and OSX.
- Extensive knowledge working with SCCM 2012 Suite and imaging.
- Extensive knowledge in optimizing Windows 10, including imaging providing optimization.
- Experience creating scripts using PowerShell
- Knowledge of BigFix preferred.
- Extensive knowledge with network infrastructure (LAN\WAN\Wi-Fi).
- Self-motivated with the ability to exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor.
- Ability to coordinate activities within cross-divisional and cross-functional teams.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Ability to support users at various levels of technical competency.
- Effectively manages difficult or volatile customer situations.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively perform problem isolation and resolution of critical systems in order to have the least amount of impact and downtime.
- Ability to schedule and prioritize.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to assess, analyze and research technical situations and provide viable alternatives.
- Ability to learn new technologies, concepts, and procedures quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively with wide variety of users and other technical teams.
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.