SSD Media System Engineer Job Description
In this position, you will be working as part of the Silicon-Systems Architecture team within Intel's Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group NSG to design and implement software that models Intel's future Solid State drives and predicts their performance.The responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Work with other architects to optimize overall SSD system performance
- Assist in the design and implementation of tools that augment Intel's SSD performance modeling capabilities.
- Perform SSD performance data collection and analysis to support model development.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Ramp quickly on architecture, design/technical.The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively both independently and in a team across multiple sites.Qualifications
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences. Education:
The candidate should have a Master's Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Computational Science or any related field. Minimum Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with C/C programming skills.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Computer Architecture
Inside this Business Group
- Experience in NAND Flash or other memory technology.
- Modeling skills including SystemC, Matlab, R.
- Understanding of data manipulation and memory-management algorithms in flash memories.
- Knowledge of design and implementation of multitasking, event driven firmware using C
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.