SSD Validation Engineer Job Description
This position provides an exciting and challenging technical opportunity to drive validation activities related to PCI Express and SATA Solid State Drives and next generation memory products. SSDs are the future of storage and Intel is focused on expanding its presence in the datacenter. In this position you will be on the leading edge of SSDs and their connectedness with datacenter platforms. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to: Develop test strategies to ensure products meet and/or exceed the expectations of customers. Interface across the organization to develop comprehensive test scenarios that expose product deficiencies based on requirements of datacenter storage customers. Plan, develop, manage and integrate test scenarios into a diverse system environment using various automation and test toolsQualificationsEducation:
Must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering plus a minimum of 4 years of experience performing validation activities or Master's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 2 years of experience performing validation activities. Minimum Qualifications:
- Must have 2 years experience in Object oriented programming with Python
- Must have 2 Years experience developing and debugging code in the Windows and/or Linux environments
Inside this Business Group
- Working knowledge of platform ingredients: CPU, Memory, PCIe, drivers, OS, firmware etc
- Working knowledge of SSDs as it relates to Intel platforms is preferred
- Knowledge of PCI express and/or SATA protocols is preferred
- Knowledge of PCIe Dual port concept is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and experience with version control tools is preferred
- Experience working in a data-center environment is a plus
- Must be able to manage sightings/issues and drive them at a technical level
- Must be able to deal with ambiguity and operate with little direction to meet defined goals
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.