Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Job Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Risk Analytics position is an intermediate role within the SSGA Risk team. This person will work with a team of risk specialists to create, improve, and implement risk processes for different asset classes managed by SSGA. Functional responsibility will include providing risk oversight for funds managed by SSGA, covering a range of areas including stress testing, liquidity analysis, scenario analysis, cash, fixed income, securities lending, and regulatory issues and reporting.
Primary responsibilities include implementation and management of all aspects of SSGA's annual execution of the Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) submitted to the Federal Reserve Board (FRB). These aspects include development, implementation and management of models and process reviews by STT and various SSGA Governing Bodies.
This position requires the ability to grasp complex concepts coupled with a general understanding of the various different asset classes and financial instruments, risk measurement and analytics, quantitative modeling, and risk management techniques. The role involves interactions with SSGA investment teams globally, including portfolio management, product management, legal, and operations, depending on the task at hand. The individual should be familiar with a wide range of quantitative methods and financial products.
Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2 - 4 years' experience in data analysis, risk management, and/or risk systems.
- Working knowledge of stress testing and securities markets (equities, fixed income, currency, or cash) in investment management, risk management, consulting, and/or an analytical systems.
- Ability to recognize broad economic trends, determine risk implications beyond the portfolio level, and communicate the resulting risks.
- Ability to learn about new analytical applications and investment products. Experience with risk concepts and database tools are required, with specific skills in POINT considered a plus.
- Proven project management, team-building, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Strong multitasking skills, ability to successfully manage a number of work streams to deadlines and standards of quality.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to work with all levels of personnel across the organization.
- Ability to quickly adapt to relevant topics and themes in an evolving market environment.
- High degree of attention to detail and focus on efficient and error-free execution.
- Knowledge of SQL and familiarity with programming languages such as VBA and R.
- Bachelor's degree in business-related field or equivalent experience. CFA or FRM a plus.
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.