The Risk Analytics position is an intermediate role within the SSGA Risk team. This person will work with a team of risk specialists to create improve and implement risk processes for different asset classes managed by SSGA. Functional responsibility will include providing risk oversight for funds managed by SSGA covering a range of areas including stress testing liquidity analysis scenario analysis cash fixed income securities lending and regulatory issues and reporting.
Primary responsibilities include implementation and management of all aspects of SSGA's annual execution of the Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) submitted to the Federal Reserve Board (FRB). These aspects include development implementation and management of models and process reviews by STT and various SSGA Governing Bodies.
This position requires the ability to grasp complex concepts coupled with a general understanding of the various different asset classes and financial instruments risk measurement and analytics quantitative modeling and risk management techniques. The role involves interactions with SSGA investment teams globally including portfolio management product management legal and operations depending on the task at hand. The individual should be familiar with a wide range of quantitative methods and financial products. QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- \t\t2 - 4 years' experience in data analysis risk management and/or risk systems.\t
- \t\tWorking knowledge of stress testing and securities markets (equities fixed income currency or cash) in investment management risk management consulting and/or an analytical systems. \t
- \t\tAbility to recognize broad economic trends determine risk implications beyond the portfolio level and communicate the resulting risks.\t
- \t\tAbility to learn about new analytical applications and investment products. Experience with risk concepts and database tools are required with specific skills in POINT considered a plus.\t
- \t\tProven project management team-building interpersonal and analytical skills\t
- \t\tStrong multitasking skills ability to successfully manage a number of work streams to deadlines and standards of quality.\t
- \t\tStrong communication skills both written and oral with the ability to work with all levels of personnel across the organization.\t
- \t\tAbility to quickly adapt to relevant topics and themes in an evolving market environment.\t
- \t\tHigh degree of attention to detail and focus on efficient and error-free execution.\t
- \t\tKnowledge of SQL and familiarity with programming languages such as VBA and R.\t
- \t\tBachelor's degree in business-related field or equivalent experience. CFA or FRM a plus.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.