Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
This role will be responsible for supporting implementation of a First Line of Defense program related to the policies and procedures developed that ensure SSGA is compliant with its regulatory obligations. In addition to building the program for compliance with regulatory obligations, the team will be responsible for implementing a program to maintain SSGA's inventory of controls that serve to manage or mitigate operational risk. The program will be inclusive of recurring controls documentation and risk based testing which will be directed by the manager.
The team will interact with managers from Compliance, Legal, Portfolio Management, Trading, Sales and Marketing and Investment Operations to ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory obligations.
The manager will engage with various groups to help develop the business unit specific project plan and drive the execution of the plan in line with established deadlines. Each member of the team will participate in helping to build a team that will be dedicated to SSGA while seamlessly collaborating with the SSGA Compliance team and other corporate teams supporting the execution of the program.
The team will establish and lead working groups to drive the program execution. They will be responsible for developing and preparing management reports for senior management for KRI/KPI as well as reporting project based updates.The responsibilities include:
- Utilizing a State Street standard risk and control methodology to assess business risk; lead periodic controls reviews including process mapping, risk and controls identification, testing, gap analysis, issue remediation and reporting
- Collaborating with control review participants to identify the appropriate action steps to be taken to remediate exceptions
- Owning the submission of reports on control reviews undertaken, controls inventory maintenance and remediation activities and present to relevant parties
- Monitoring remediation steps and corrective action plans from control review findings to implementation
- Providing the business with a controls Subject Matter Expert advisory service, adopting a partnership approach, in order to minimize risk and offering solutions to mitigate and lessen the cost of risk
- Establishing strong relationships with key functional business partners including first line of defense business lines, Operational Risk, Compliance, and Internal Audit.
- Instilling confidence by demonstrating credibility and expertise on control issues
- Maintaining the highest level of personal integrity in all dealings thereby mitigating reputational risk to SSGA and its customers
- Training others on the State Street methodology and re-enforce an inherent culture of accountability and ownership for implementation and execution of controls across all levels and functions within the organization
- Leading, developing and appraising junior resources, ensuring individual and collective performance is maximized and meets with the current and future needs of the business
- Other tasks as required
- Bachelor's degree required, Masters or other advanced degree preferred
- 6 + years of financial services experience with a large financial services firm or advisory/consulting firm including experience as an internal auditor and or public accountant
- Knowledgeable about processes, risks and controls/controls design
- Experience in process and controls mapping methodologies
- Proven experience in writing policies, procedures and reports
- Strong excel and/or database management skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong professional relationships
- Self-motivated professional with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and goals
- Strong communication, influencing, and collaboration skills
- Industry certifications (e.g., CPA, CIA, CISA) a plus
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.