State Street is looking for a seasoned creative professional to join its Boston-based PR team supporting State Street's asset management arm. This role will define and execute strategic PR planning across SSGA in collaboration with business marketing and corporate functions manage cross-functional teams and agencies and report directly to State Street's Head of Public Relations. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in asset management and extensive relationships with relevant journalists covering the industry.
Responsibilities will include:
• Manage public relations in support of State Street's business and marketing goals protecting and promoting our brand and reputation in the financial marketplace;
• Develop and lead strategic initiatives relevant to the SSGA business and as part of broader corporate PR strategy; ensure consistency of message and aligned activity with Europe and Asia Pacific;
• Manage cross-functional teams agencies and resources;
• Build collaborative relationships with senior business stakeholders and partners to align PR strategy with business objectives;
• Analyze and interpret ongoing media trends extending news-driven insights throughout the organization to strengthen marketing objectives;
• Contribute to the refinement of business unit value proposition and messaging; provide input to maximize results of Thought Leadership and global campaigns ;
• Contribute to rapid-response and issues management capabilities relevant to SSGA as part of Corporate Communications team
• Champion and manage legal and compliance guidelines in line with PR policies;
• Measure and communicate effectiveness of strategy;
• 12-15 years of experience as senior-PR counsel at either an agency or on an in-house team;
• Deep media relations expertise and extensive relationships with tier-one and trade-specific media;
• Proactive by nature developing creative recommendations to build brand awareness;
• Outstanding verbal written and critical thinking skills;
• Ability to understand complex information and communicate it in simple terms to various audience;
• Track record of collaborating with colleagues in different teams and across geographies and experience recruiting retaining and motivating teams and agencies;
• Familiarity with media tools such as Radian6 Vocus Cision and Gorkana;
• Ability to independently manage multiple projects and clients with changing priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic deadline-driven high stakes environment.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.