Accountemps is looking for a Staff Accountant with a background in Payroll for a temporary to full-time opportunity with a local renovation and construction company. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for payroll, preparing journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, billings, and general ledger reconciliation. This position is solely responsible for producing Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. If you are looking for a challenging position that will offer a strong career path, this is the position for you!
• Perform weekly payroll for a Union company applying taxes and wage garnishments as needed
• Prepare complex journal entries and account reconciliations
• Prepare monthly balance sheet
• Conduct month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
• Conduct cost accounting in the sub ledger
• Intercompany billings, transactions, and reconciliation
• Analyze and coordinate a variety of financial data
• Minimum of 2 years Accounting experience with a focus on payroll and general ledger accounting
• Strong proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft programs
• Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail a plus
• Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
• Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, work independently and prioritize tasks
• Ability to identify issues and resolve problems
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
If you are interested or would like more information please call Accountemps today!
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your detail oriented skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company once again was named to FORTUNE magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" and was the highest-ranked staffing firm (March 1, 2016), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.