Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Staff Accountant based at our location in Independence, OH! Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team, eager to drive our business forward? As the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States, Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment! GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Accountant will be responsible for compiling, analyzing, preparing, and maintaining historical financial data and records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. This role will work closely with other members of the Division Accounting department, Division Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), and the Central Accounting Group ("CAG"). ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Month-end procedures, including the preparation and posting of journal entries.
- General ledger account analysis, research and preparation of bank and account reconciliations.
- Complete monthly sales review for assigned region. Thoroughly investigate all issues and clearly document findings for review. Ensure all revenue and COGS are recognized in accordance with Airgas policy and GAAP.
- Preparation of reports and other information related to internal requests from the Division/branches as well as Corporate.
- Monitor Daily Cash Reconciliation (DCR) process for all locations banking with assigned banks. Including: Verification of timely deposits against the bank, Ensure all overages/shortages are thoroughly explained and timely corrections are completed, Ensure all miscellaneous deposits are identified, Ensure postings between locations or Divisions are identified, Timely escalation of all exceptions to management (based on the department's escalation procedures)
- Assist Senior Accountants with analyzing financial results for budget variances and exceptional trends.
- Fulfill information request from external and internal auditors.
- Ensure compliance with the Company's financial policies/procedures.
- Maintain internal accounting controls that are consistent with Company requirements/Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of general accounting matters and GAAP.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook as well as a demonstrated ability to utilize financial applications within SAP.
- Exhibits customer focused behavior such as building positive relationships and strives to understand customer's needs, both internal and external. Ability to deal with difficult situations in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills with the ability to understand metrics and to present and communicate to all levels of the organization and external customers.
- Ability to make independent decisions based on investigation and judgement as well as ability to discern when to escalate issues.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and juggle between divisional, local and Corporate management and demands.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with others in both favorable and unfavorable situations regardless of status of position. Accepts cultural diversity and establishes effective working relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to adjust communication method based on customer situation.
- A positive approach and willingness to learn coupled with the ability to work in a team environment.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas USA, LLC.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.