IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.The United States Marine Corps (USMC) Program Management Team (PMT) is a senior level advisory team to develop and track the USMC plan to achieve full financial statement audit readiness. The project helps USMC understand the accounting requirements, level of effort, and actions needed to meet published assertion dates for the full set of financial statements. The team is comprised of exclusively subject matter experts who perform the following: - Advise on technical accounting and audit issues, to include the development of position papers, stakeholder briefs, and plan of actions and milestones for significant asset and liability balances. - Coach the organization on an \"auditor's perspective\" to drive readiness and review efforts.Work with stakeholders and leaders across the USMC to sell the program and implement corrective actions to business process to foster auditable data.
- Attend working sessions with client SMEs to discuss technical accounting topics, shortfalls, and activities to close the distance between current accounting processes and GAAP.
- Produce analyses and deliverables to identify problems, develop solutions, and gain buy in from stakeholders on proposed process and system changes.
- Assist with emerging requirements that impact the audit readiness of the USMC.BENEFITS
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.CAREER GROWTH
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role. CORPORATE CITIZENSHIP
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!