Adecco is currently assisting a local client in their search to fill a Staff Accountant job in Kendall. This is a temporary opportunity. As a Staff Accountant you will be responsible for monthly journal entries, general ledger account reconciliations, etc. Apply Now if you meet the qualifications listed below!
Responsibilities for this Staff Accountant job include:
• The Staff Accountant provides General Ledger accounting support to the finance department and management by implementing, interpreting and/or maintaining one or a combination of domestic and international General Ledger modules.
• Point person for monthly journal entries, prepares, complies, distributes, etc.
• Point person for general ledger account reconciliations, prepares, complies, etc.
• Point person for performance of all intercompany transactions, reconciliations and payments.
• Facilitator of Sales Tax filings on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Coordination and verification of Fixed Asset purchases, including validation against Capital Budget items, done on a monthly basis.
• Preparation and submittal of monthly, quarterly, & annual reports to corporate office regarding specific GL account reconciliations and supplemental information used in consolidated corporate disclosures.
• Quarterly preparation of Royalties calculation and monthly/quarterly preparation of Commissions detail for quarterly payouts.
• Creation and Maintenance of quarterly Sarbanes-Oxley sign-off binder.
• Maintenance performed for the multiple GL Charts of Accounts as required.
• Analyzes, adjusts, and reconciles items of issue identified through Month end close review.
• Investigates actual to standard differences and identifies key drivers for analysis use by Accounting Manager and/or Sr. Financial Analyst.
• Assist with Capital Budgeting and Monthly Forecasting processes, as needed.
• Assists with analysis on fluctuations in product standard costs, variances, etc.
• Works with A/P and Sr. Financial Analyst on A/P issues, related to GL coding and alignment with Budgeted / Forecasted numbers.
• Works with A/R and Order Management personnel on A/R issues, related to Revenue Recognition and Deferred Revenue recording / reconciliation.
• Performs A/R Collection efforts (customer collection calls, emails, etc) on an as needed basis and/or during cyclical downtime.
• Assists with process of annual product standard cost build for labor and overhead rates.
• Provide other tax support as required (R&D Tax credit calculation reporting,
• Provides support to departmental Senior Management and Corporate Management for detail data requests, some on a regular/weekly reporting basis and some on ad hoc basis.
• Creation and Distribution of Monthly Management Reports, and ad hoc reporting as required. Specialty projects as assigned on as needed basis.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field or Associates degree, with experience.
• CPA candidates or license holders preferred but not required.
• Prefer some finance/accounting related experience, 2-5 yrs for the Associate degree, in a manufacturing environment recommended.
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel spreadsheet skills required.
• Experience with Oracle and/or Outlook Soft, Business Objects are a plus.
• Ability to easily adapt to changing requirements and environment.
• Teamwork skills and high level of professionalism required.
• Good communication skills, both oral and written, required.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced growth environment.
Adecco provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to contract workers.
Click on Apply Now to be considered for this Staff Accountant job in Kendall or you can visit our website www.adeccousa.com to search for other opportunities that are currently available.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.